The MT-07 Forum

What Helmet or brands have you found work well with glasses?

stickman

I've been Helmet shopping this week but don't dare buy one from internet unless I can try it on somewhere.   I've tried on a couple Bell Helmets and found I can't even start to get my glasses in them.  Tried one Shoei helmet and it seemed a bit better as I could get my glasses on but they seemed to lift a bit. The HJC I tried worked the best with my glasses. Curious what all of you have found when it comes to glasses and helmets?   Thanks!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I have a Shoei Qwest that I bring with me when it's time to get new glasses. It's the only way to be sure the two are compatible. In your case you should bring your glasses with you when you try on helmets.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Second the Shoei Qwest. Helmet on, visor up, glasses in. My Shark Raw works great too. Now if the glasses would only stop fogging up...

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

The new Bell Star is supposed to be designed for those who need to use glasses.
09aec057e744dfc1be42975b45f5d88b.jpg

SigSide.jpg

booboobusfz07

My shoei rf1200 an Nolan n86 work decently. Relatively comfortable. As long as I adjust my glass after putting em on I don't have any issues other than fov but that's my glasses fault not the helmet

HJC helmets have grooves for glasses. My HJC IS-Max-2 is great. The Shark Raw goggles fit well over glasses as well.

I use an Arai Vector 2 and have no issues with my glasses.

Xeon

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

twowheeladdict

I wear the smallest frames I can get away with, and they are the Flex frames so they can bend without warping.

I wear a cycle gear summer skull cap so I don't have to wash the helmet lining as often, and a side benefit is that the glasses slide between the skull cap and my head for easy on.

Otherwise, modular helmets are the way to go if you don't mind the extra weight.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

Arai Signet-Q. No issues with chunky plastic frames.

300x150.jpg?quality=80

• Premium Member

I use a GMax GM54S.
I can thread my boxy glasses in just barely.
My main complaint is that its very noisy at speeds over 50mph.

Shark Raw and Shark Vancore are both great for me as far as glasses go. And you get the added bonus of your glasses never fogging up. I ride frequently in the winter in WA, around mid 30s and never once a fog up. That is my main point of contention regarding motorcycle helmets and glasses.

As far as ease of slipping in or out the glasses goes, that depends on your glasses. For Raw, it doesn't matter, it should be all good. For Vancore though, my metal framed glasses slipped in easily, but my thick black plastic frames on the other hand, is iffy.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member

Icon Airmada works fine, but snug.

Biltwell Gringo is great with eyewear, but not super sporty if that's your thing.

Everything went braap.

My Kabuto helmet has side slots for glass to fit in nicely. It is works quite nicely and has the drop down sun visor.

Xlites. I had a Nolan branded Xlite Casey Stoner replica that I bought to race in because it held my glasses firm without digging into me. I covered up the number "1" for fear of mass ribbing though.
That's it in the avatar pic

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Hjc CL-max 2. Very nice for wearing glasses. Comfy hat.

Drafty helmets though. I blocked off the face venting and padded the ear areas for less wind and more quiet. In cool weather I wear a lightweight balaclava.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I ended up going with the Shoei QWest, best balance of fit for my head and glasses.

• 3 months later...

I use the HJC FG-17 it works fine with my glasses. It has the separation between the internal pads so I could slide the temples through. I imagine glasses that have the curved temple ends would not work for most helmets.

[/a]HJC-FG17-Thrust-MC5F-Side.jpg

You do you and I'll do me.

Archived