The MT-07 Forum

The Ultimate City for Motorcyclists

scottygat

Frank church Wilderness is the largest wilderness area in the lower 48 states and is just one of the areas where the mountains just roll for hundreds of miles and are chock full of trails and you can really go a long time without seeing anyone. Thats both good and bad of course.

Then of course, we have Saint Anthony sand dunes too!

Just off the top of my head with my area, the south-east in mind, I would have to say South Carolina with it's blue ridge mountains and coastal roads. I'm sure certain parts of Cali are equally nice, especially since it doesn't get as hot/humid in certain parts of the west coast.

Beemer

Let me just say that riding in Thailand is amazing. Not only are there plenty of sweeping roads through beautiful scenery but there is so little policing of the roads and if you are caught speeding you just bribe the cop and go on your way.

California, specifically OC/SD. Lane splitting and year-around fantastic riding weather. LA is just too crowded, so I most definitely prefer OC/SD. You have beach, mountains, and dessert all within a few hours ride at most. Ortega Highway is right here, great twisties. Mulholland Highway is a relatively short ride from both OC/SD so if you want to hit those on the weekends that is totally doable.

Tons of big dealerships out here, some of the best twisties, huge amount of riders, tons of used gear and bikes for sale. You can't beat CA imo. Also, So-Cal is a very small part of California. The beauty of Northen California rivals anything you will see in any other state. Many people forget we have Northen California lol.

Archived