The MT-07 Forum

Inspection Sticker Not Sticking

blackout

• Premium Member

Does anyone have a problem with their inspection sticker not sticking on the lower fork?  My NY sticker is not sticking well at all.  I'm wondering whether it is the sticker or the surface.

Thanks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

cookfreeordie89

Where did they install it? I would degrease the area and put clear packing get tape over it. I put mine under the tank on the left side. I know a couple years ago the car registrations and inspection stickers had a problem with sticking and cops weren't busting balls about it

bmwpowere36m3

The paint on the fork is pretty smooth. Did you clean it prior to applying the sticker? I like to use wax & greaser remover.

• Premium Member

The dealer installed the sticker. I could probably peel it off and clean the surface myself and reapply the sticker. The dealer was aware of the problem and warned me.

I do remember NY messing up the car registration stickers.

The sticker is on the lower left fork.  Supposedly, this is where NY requires it to be. 

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I would say it is either NY is having problems with the glue on the stickers or that the dealer did not wipe down the surface before applying the sticker. I would contact your states motor vehicle department and see if they have a remedy for the problem. Trying to peel off the sticker may ruin it and placing clear tape over it to hold it on could be looked upon by the police as a possible stolen sticker.

Pennsylvania had a problem with inspection stickers a number of years ago for cars and trucks. They would peel away from the windshield because of faulty glue. NY may be having the same problem.

• Global Moderator

You could always move to Washington state. They do not do vehicle inspections here :) There...I fixed your problem.

• Premium Member
You could always move to Washington state. They do not do vehicle inspections here :) There...I fixed your problem.
No vehicle inspections would be nice.... 
This sticker peels back with just the bike sitting in the garage.  The fork feels clean.  I think a full investigation is needed by NY's best!  LOL

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

pantheraleo

They did you a favor. Let that ugly thing fall off, keep your state inspection paperwork under the pillion. Actually, I don't know how ugly yours is. The stickers in VA are the same size as cars and they look dreadful wherever you put them.

The first thing I did when I brought my FZ home was remove the state inspection sticker and the tank sticker. I've had four encounters with cops and it has not been an issue.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member
They did you a favor. Let that ugly thing fall off, keep your state inspection paperwork under the pillion. Actually, I don't know how ugly yours is. The stickers in VA are the same size as cars and they look dreadful wherever you put them. 
The first thing I did when I brought my FZ home was remove the state inspection sticker and the tank sticker. I've had four encounters with cops and it has not been an issue.
Yah, same size as the car stickers.  Barely fit around the fork with the fender getting in the way.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

It's a function of the fork paint. I cleaned down the fork to chuck the plastic reflector and replace them with yellow reflective tape and they wouldn't stick. I think I ended up wipeing them down with petrol then lightly with acetone to get them to stay on.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived