The MT-07 Forum

SCARLET - My Lava Red MT-07 build thread

Dirk

Soooooo... It all began in a warm summer, in south east France, in 2015. I was taking courses for my motorcycle driving license (long process here in france). I that time, I wasn't sure on which bike I wanted to pick for my very first bike... All I knew is that I wanted a twin engine bike, around 650cc but, still, had some hesitations with a couple of different rides in mind!

I'm a videographer and was shooting slow motion for High Side, kind of a french motorcycle only Top Gear that I love (

). When I asked them what bike should I pick, they responded all together "YAMAHA MT-07!!!"... I guess it was the last push I needed, the little MT will be mine! 
So, in september, I finally ordered the bike from my local Yam' dealer. Good for me that it took me some time to get my license, the 2016 colors were already available. I fell in love with the Lava Red and actually ordered the bike the day I saw the first picture of it!!!

Then, came for me the time for a new learning process: learning to wait! I don't know for you guys but at that time, it long... Like ridiculously looooooong!!! I ordered the bike on September the 9th. It finally got delivered on December 23rd... So yeah, twas a freakin awesome xmas this year (and thanks for the insanely warm winter)!

The only thing I had installed by Yamaha on the bike was the tail tidy (official Yamaha one) and the turn signals (Yamaha LED Plus).

On December 24th, I was like a child on a christmas morning: unpacking all my gifts! All the accessories I ordered on the internet came before the her and was waiting in my room... Time to install all of those:

[ul type=disc][*]Yamaha black sub cowling[*]Yamaha radiator sides[*]Yamaha black fly screen[*]R&G radiator guard[*]R&G frame, swing arm and fork sliders[*]Ermax seat cover[*]Red reflective wheel tape[/ul][div]
Here's a picture of her on December 24th[/div][div]413958ScarlettLowRes.jpg
[/div]
Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

On January 7th, I received my ASV levers coming from england (totally unknown in france).

I LOVE those levers!!! 

502407ASVLevers1.jpg332724ASVLevers2.jpg134384ASVLevers3.jpg

February 6th: First service (a bit late: more than 1600km...).

A couple more modes:

[ul type=disc][*]Vagabond rear brake relocating kit installed[*]Removed the passenger foot rests[*]Changed the light bulb for a Philips X-trem vision[/ul][div]
[/div]
So for now she looks like that:
197410DSC01140lowres.jpg

Next step:

Ordered my SC Project exhaust

When I receive it, instal for

[ul type=disc][*]SC Project exhaust[*]SC Project AFM[*]DNA air filter[*]DNA stage 2 air box lid[/ul]

• Global Moderator

Why cant we get awesome colours like that here in the states?
I have the 2015 'Rapid Red' and Im looking for someone overseas to send me a set of these panels... i love the color just that much.

Gratz on a great bike as your first

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Why cant we get awesome colours like that here in the states? I have the 2015 'Rapid Red' and Im looking for someone overseas to send me a set of these panels... i love the color just that much.

Get those panels! Take pictures! Then I won't argue with you. I still prefer my blurple but that lava red is pretty nice. 

Why cant we get awesome colours like that here in the states? I have the 2015 'Rapid Red' and Im looking for someone overseas to send me a set of these panels... i love the color just that much.

You know, there's always something to envy somewhere else... For example, lots of european people envy the black FZ-07 since it doesn't exist in europe!

A few mods on my FZ today:

[ul type=disc][*]SC Project exhaust[*]SC Project AFM[*]DNA air filter[*]A bit of servicing...[/ul][div][video src=https://youtu.be/gYi1oN2H210]
[/div]

How can one get those metallic red panels?
One has to be in europe... or find a way to order them from europe. Maybe UK?

• Global Moderator
How can one get those metallic red panels?
Im still searching for a way
i havent found one yet

If theres anyone here in the UK/Eu
i want those panels... let me in on your secrets

• Premium Member
Im still searching for a way i havent found one yet

Perhaps cheaper to have yours painted Candy Apple red?

• Global Moderator
Im still searching for a way i havent found one yet

Perhaps cheaper to have yours painted Candy Apple red?
Nah..
180-200 to get the panels... if i could get them imported

225 to get em painted

• Premium Member

Yep, definitely going to buy a sub cowl soon. I do like the Euro red better than the NA red, though personally I'd want darker still.

Looking swanky Dirk!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
Yep, definitely going to buy a sub cowl soon. I do like the Euro red better than the NA red, though personally I'd want darker still.  
Looking swanky Dirk!
Is there a seat cowl on that in the factory color?

• Premium Member
Looking swanky Dirk!
 Sorry my man, I dont understand what you're asking. Are you meaning to ask Dirk?  Im refering to the black lower fairing by the headers in Dirk's pics. I dunno I dunno.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

Sorry my man, I dont understand what you're asking. Are you meaning to ask Dirk?  Im refering to the black lower fairing by the headers in Dirk's pics. I dunno I dunno.

Yes i was... miclicked be quote...srry puss

@dirk
is the seat cowl you have on your bike in fhe lava red factory color?

@dirk is the seat cowl you have on your bike in fhe lava red factory color?
Yes! It's the Ermax seat cowl... They produce all of their stuff with every factory colors!

20160322-TSF_6684_zpsfxkejfm1.jpg

babisstinson

What a beautiful bike you have!

How is the SC Project exhaust? Noticed any difference in power/torque? Do the mid-range rpm feel a little bit "empty"? Are you running just the exhaust or in conjunction with a Power Commander / Air/Fuel ratio system?

What a beautiful bike you have! 
How is the SC Project exhaust? Noticed any difference in power/torque? Do the mid-range rpm feel a little bit "empty"? Are you running just the exhaust or in conjunction with a Power Commander / Air/Fuel ratio system?
Well... First I have to say that it's my first bike so... I might not be able to notice tiny changes! So I don't know if all my feelings are just feelings or truth!!! 
I love the exhaust! Love the look (my favorite in all I have saw for the FZ), love the sound, and not very expensive! 

With it I use a SC Project AFM which is actually a Memjet. It's supposed to help not getting too lean... It's not perfect but it'll have to do for now! I don't feel any power/torque difference and no emptiness either. I have that feeling that the bike is smoothers at low revs, when you put back some throttle after decelerating though but I'm not sure.

• 2 months later...

This days, I'm workin on the fun factor of my FZ...

Throttle tube mod, new rear shock absorber (the M-Shock from Shock Factory) and in two days, changing fork oil and springs...

IMG_1738_zps0utpu8ny.jpg

Archived