The MT-07 Forum

Anyone know the diameter of the front fork tubes?

AlbatrossCafe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
How about the diameter of the fork tubes with the plastic covers? I need to know for some brackets I am going to clamp around them
They vary in size... they are tapered near the top and bottom and have a decent air gap around the fork
at a guess i would say 46-48
i dont know where my set are atm or i'd measure for ya

Not to be a doomsayer or anything but the plastic is pretty thin, what are you thinking about mounting?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I was about to say... don't be clamping your headlight project brackets onto the plastic tube. You want to do it properly, you'll need to remove the plastic.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

AlbatrossCafe
I was about to say... don't be clamping your headlight project brackets onto the plastic tube. You want to do it properly, you'll need to remove the plastic.
lol, yeah I think I will have to but I'm mad about it  B-| - I don't like how the glossy silver looks there. I assume the plastic is pretty flush the tubes at the narrow part (maybe), and I don't have to tighten the bracket that much to keep it from moving but it will probably crack the plastic after some X000 miles. 
Though if they are really that thin it doesn't sound worth it. :-/ They are for a headlight bracket & a couple of headlights.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...

digging this one up, I am working on a headlight project for a 2016. 

Does anyone know the distance the front fork tubes are apart from each other? center to center? Thanks