The MT-07 Forum

CRAMPBUSTER review

Beemer

My take on the CRAMPBUSTER. My first thoughts on it before buying it were it's going to help with stiffness, soreness, fatigue, numbness and after using it for some time now all those things can be alleviated using the CRAMPBUSTER .... but .... I didn't anticipate how you can accidentally throttle when you don't intend or want to. Even when it's adjusted right and where it should be you can still make contact with it before you get a grip with your fingers which can prove un-neverving (lol, unnerving) if you're in motion, take your hand off the throttle to do something and then go to put your hand back on. I've throttled it myself this way before I had a grip and the bike jumped forward and it startled me, I almost lost it, so be very careful with this. I'm sure others using the CRAMPBUSTER can attest to doing that accidentally themselves.

http://www.amazon.com/Crampbuster-CB2-CrampBuster-Wide/dp/B000GZPH2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457539708&sr=8-1&keywords=crampbuster

Beemer

• Premium Member

Yeah I don't use it on short trip or in town riding I just take it off. And when I know I'm going to be making more stops, I flip it forward out of the way so its between my fingers and my palm. I would say its only good if you are going to stay the same speed for many miles then its a blessing.

Takes some getting used too and I'm sure its not for everyone but it worked for me.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Yeah I don't use it on short trip or in town riding I just take it off. And when I know I'm going to be making more stops, I flip it forward out of the way so its between my fingers and my palm. I would say its only good if you are going to stay the same speed for many miles then its a blessing.  
Takes some getting used too and I'm sure its not for everyone but it worked for me.
Agreed and I'm only going to use it on trips. In the mean time I will go back to using the old method of just applying a little palm pressure on top of the throttle grip to hold it there if I find myself on a highway or stretch of road.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Agreed and I'm only going to use it on trips. In the mean time I will go back to using the old method of just applying a little palm pressure on top of the throttle grip to hold it there if I find myself on a highway or stretch of road.
Same here -- for around town it just gets in my way and causes more problems than it solves, so I leave it off -- if I know I am going to spend a lot of time on the superslab, perhaps I'll use it again.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I've never had issues with mine, but I took it off for more grip during traffic between cars. I found more use for it when I had stock bars where my hand would go numb.

SigSide.jpg

Archived