The MT-07 Forum

I'm just gonna say it...

so1102

My first choice was red then white, I ended up getting white so i mixed up the two colours a bit, kinda looked at my white as a blank slate and made it my own. Some of the other colours look too finished /complete to me. But then everyone's diffrent.  
34paoeb.jpg

Nice! Where can I get some of those wheel stickers?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got mine from ebay @bigity But im an MT, have a search and see if they do an FZ set  
Heres the link to mine: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STICKERS-m-TIRE-RIM-WHEEL-WHITE-REFLECTIVE-MT-07-FELGEN-AUFKLEBER-DECALS-/261505281236?var=&hash=item3ce2edecd4:m:m2TX-L1omeC3-vruXfB4F_w

I can't believe there isn't one for the FZ. I checked today and couldn't find one. There are others, but they don't look as good as the one you have. Might just have to rock they MY one.

• Premium Member
That lava red sure is sweet and I can upgrade my red panels with it. Try it with blurple; should look great.   (rofl)
[attachment id=1510" thumbnail="1] best I can do with very limited paint.net skills.  Does not look as bad as I thought it would.  :)

• Global Moderator
That lava red sure is sweet and I can upgrade my red panels with it. Try it with blurple; should look great.   (rofl)
[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1510] best I can do with very limited paint.net skills.  Does not look as bad as I thought it would.  :)
i like the red... but the r/w/b theme should be there.... front fender from the white perhaps?

Also
I NEED THOSE PANELS
someone in europe wanna buy em/ship em to me?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Got mine from ebay @bigity But im an MT, have a search and see if they do an FZ set  
Heres the link to mine: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STICKERS-m-TIRE-RIM-WHEEL-WHITE-REFLECTIVE-MT-07-FELGEN-AUFKLEBER-DECALS-/261505281236?var=&hash=item3ce2edecd4:m:m2TX-L1omeC3-vruXfB4F_w
I can't believe there isn't one for the FZ. I checked today and couldn't find one. There are others, but they don't look as good as the one you have. Might just have to rock they MY one.
Thats a shame, yeah you could or just leave out the mt-07 part and use the Yamaha bit would look just as good.

• Premium Member
[attachment id=1510" thumbnail="1] best I can do with very limited paint.net skills.  Does not look as bad as I thought it would.  :)
i like the red... but the r/w/b theme should be there.... front fender from the white perhaps? 
Also
I NEED THOSE PANELS
someone in europe wanna buy em/ship em to me?
I was thinking white graphics maybe

AlbatrossCafe
best I can do with very limited paint.net skills.  Does not look as bad as I thought it would.  :)
lol nice, though in the stock FZ pics the blurple looks a little more blue where in person it has is a bit more purple than it appears in those pictures. Where does the white come in?

• Global Moderator
OK, so just to settle down every opinions in here, the Lava Red is the best color EVER!!! 
Trust me, I know, I see it every day!!!

END OF DISCUSSION!!!
Shutup and take my money... in return for a set of panels... and a fender ...
and damnit.... why must the color be so perfect

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I really don't care what my bike looks like. At all. BUT what you have done craigieboy90 is very nice. Great balance without being way too chintzy. Well done.
Considering the word is that Yamaha puts about a third of a bikes development into the styling department ( and why after engineering money is spent there isn't much left for quality components) maybe they should employ you . I think you would do a better job. If you get the gig could you turn down the Manga comic design obsession they seem to have. Ok leave it on the sports bikes, that's what teenagers like, but something a bit more aerodynamic and tasteful for everything else street.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I really don't care what my bike looks like. At all. BUT what you have done craigieboy90 is very nice. Great balance without being way too chintzy. Well done. Considering the word is that Yamaha puts about a third of a bikes development into the styling department ( and why after engineering money is spent there isn't much left for quality components) maybe they should employ you . I think you would do a better job. If you get the gig could you turn down the Manga comic design obsession they seem to have. Ok leave it on the sports bikes, that's what teenagers like, but something a bit more aerodynamic and tasteful for everything else street.

Cheers, and yes Agree with you there. 

• 4 weeks later...

In pictures white was my favorite, in person red was my favorite, never considered the graphite/blue one

LtuiE45.jpg

• Premium Member
Best colour in the world is lava red :-) thought I am suspect 
Check Out the video of my bike
http://youtu.be/aPXwXgekfZo
What did that girl call you?!
I thought I heard:  "OMG there goes a REAL man..." 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

In pictures white was my favorite, in person red was my favorite, never considered the graphite/blue one 
LtuiE45.jpg
Ahhhhh, you got the stainless steel IXIL!!! They stopped making those right before I bought mine.  :'(   Can't believe I've never seen you around. Although, I'm in the west burbs, so maybe you don't ride out this way?

As to original thread topic, if I could have my pick now, I would choose the new gray version with lime green wheels. For the 15's, I would have loved to have had white plastics on the blurple frame. But, I'm still pretty happy with my white FZ (I bought used, so didn't really have a choice of colors). A little white tape on the rims and it looks pretty sharp.

LtuiE45.jpg
Ahhhhh, you got the stainless steel IXIL!!! They stopped making those right before I bought mine.  :'(   Can't believe I've never seen you around. Although, I'm in the west burbs, so maybe you don't ride out this way?

As to original thread topic, if I could have my pick now, I would choose the new gray version with lime green wheels. For the 15's, I would have loved to have had white plastics on the blurple frame. But, I'm still pretty happy with my white FZ (I bought used, so didn't really have a choice of colors). A little white tape on the rims and it looks pretty sharp.

Where in the west burbs?

But yeah I usually ride around the city or up north on the sheridan route.

My parents live in the west burbs though.

• Premium Member

Soooo, there aren't than many painted pieces; if you don't like any factory offerings, repaint to any color(s) you like better. Any decent shop should be able to do so adequately, if you cannot do so yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
Where in the west burbs? 
But yeah I usually ride around the city or up north on the sheridan route.

My parents live in the west burbs though.
Shorter rides, I usually head west out to Rt. 25/31, run up north to Schaumburg area, south to Aurora.  
Longer rides, north to Morraine Hills, or south to Starved Rock.

Farthest east I've been is Forest Park. :P

Archived