The MT-07 Forum

I'm just gonna say it...

so1102

• Premium Member

I've never liked the red (or white) colors we got here in the States - I personally think they are a bit too plain, but that Euro 'lava red' is frickin' gorgeous.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

We don't put up with racists on this sight.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

Ya red is meh and white I have, but kind of think it's boring. Then there is black which I figured everyone and there dog would get. We got some pretty generic colours out here. The new silver looks good and your definitely right about lava red. There is always the option to paint though. It's pretty cheap and you can have any colour on the rainbow if you wanted.

twowheeladdict

Yep. Many dealers had left over red and white bikes. I paid a couple hundred more for the graphite with blue.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

I will say I was not a fan of Red ever. And when I picked up my Z06 I was like I really don't like Red but who gives a F what color it is when you are Driving/Riding it and I Don't care what other people like or don't like its all a matter of taste and thank god we don't all have the same. Opinions are like what....

Not saying you don't have the right to say you don't like a color but you should expect some Sh*t since we only had 3 colors to choose form.

Oh and Yeah Gray blurple is the best color lol

pineappleunderthesea

INCONCEIVABLE!
I thought that the red (which I have, thank you very much) and the white were nice and classy, nice contrast against the black frame of the bike, it makes those two colors pop out. The other colors tend to blend in more, nothing wrong with that but I went for more contrast (I'm not counting the colored wheels!) The lava red is nice, but more of a deeper red wine color which looks more "mature" to me.

I kid of course. It's all about perception and taste. If Yamaha had come out with different colors there would've been people with different taste criticizing the colors others like better so it just goes to show you can't please everyone. I do wish they had had black for the 15's, I would've snatched up a black one because like you've heard, once you've gone black .....  ;)

BTW, I do like that lava red, it sorta looks like a candy red which I like a lot as a color, I'm not so sure I would like it on my bike, this particular bike anyway. It's almost too pretty. Maybe on a cruiser or sport touring bike. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

The blurple is my favorite color, but damn, it is hard to accessorize as far as colors go. I was just thinking this morning that it's probably just best to go the chrome route for bits and pieces as chrome doesn't really clash. Doesn't matter now, but still.

• Premium Member

For me In 2014 I wouldn't of chosen anything other than white. My only complaint was that the frame wasn't black. However, I tend to not agree with only certain countries just getting basic colors/models. Where's the Moto Cage for US?

Less red on the road the more my banging Scully is. I wanted red before anything ended up wth my red. Every time I ride I feel like a pretty woman riding down the street....8e11bd9543796ccd2eddf1e0b1c9283c.jpg

• Global Moderator

I waited for my red one. I could have had graphite about six weeks earlier. I guess everyone has different tastes.

• Premium Member
but that Euro 'lava red' is frickin' gorgeous.
Frickin' gorgeous.
It is but I feel like it's missing something...
17196670-2064-4d0f-871f-c41e9afc9a08.jpg

My first choice was red then white, I ended up getting white so i mixed up the two colours a bit, kinda looked at my white as a blank slate and made it my own. Some of the other colours look too finished /complete to me. But then everyone's diffrent.

34paoeb.jpg

My first choice was red then white, I ended up getting white so i mixed up the two colours a bit, kinda looked at my white as a blank slate and made it my own. Some of the other colours look too finished /complete to me. But then everyone's diffrent.  
34paoeb.jpg

I agree with the opinion that in standard form the red and white are bland and "meh" at best, but your bike looks fantastic in my opinion. As stated previously I think the blurple bikes are too hard to accessorize with color.

• Premium Member

Red is king, not for the panels but for the black frame.

The panels can kick rocks.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

We got 2 pages on this troll post ... WOW

• Premium Member
How is clearly stating my personal opinion 'trolling' exactly?

Word!!

• Premium Member
Dude I have nothing against you and was trying to be nice but you pulled a total TROLL move. Here in the states last year we had 3 choices on color you said you didn't like 2 of them you are asking for it . Its like you posted this to get the attention thats what I'm saying. 
Stay cool I don't care what you post after this bro....

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Hard to tell from pictures on computer, but the lava red reminds me of candy apple red. I like that lava red color.

Dude I have nothing against you and was trying to be nice but you pulled a total TROLL move. Here in the states last year we had 3 choices on color you said you didn't like 2 of them you are asking for it . Its like you posted this to get the attention thats what I'm saying. 

*WORLDSTAR*

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Naw dude, there was a 4th color that was only available during the 1st two months of the release. Disliking 2 out of 4 aint trollin' 
Here's the link if you don't believe me - 

• Premium Member

Disliking anything isn't trolling. It's my opinion. I didn't post my opinion about the new lava red color (and by extension, my opinion that both the red and white colors are boring) to sit back, eat popcorn, and watch arguments ensue with a big stupid grin on my face.  I didn't post my opinion just to get a rise out of people.  That is trolling.  Simply stating that I personally don't like something that you do is not.

giphy.gif

Archived