The MT-07 Forum

Can anybody help me on how not to get hat jerking sensation.

woodykillo

If you want to practice before your msf course in two weeks, I would suggest looking up an msf course tutorial on YouTube and go through the basics multiple times. The first few steps they teach are all about clutch and throttle control, so practicing these will go a long way in making your msf experience better. Playing with the friction zone at low speed is one of the safest and most effective ways to smooth out your riding and get comfortable with your bike.

How fast do I let the clutch out because I think I'm burning the clutch:)

It's a wet clutch.  You can ride it all the time if you want and it won't burn.  Hang out in the friction zone to smooth throttle inputs and only come off the clutch lever when you're well under way.

Guest ChicagoAJ
How fast do I let the clutch out because I think I'm burning the clutch:)
It's a wet clutch.  You can ride it all the time if you want and it won't burn.  Hang out in the friction zone to smooth throttle inputs and only come off the clutch lever when you're well under way.
Just because it's a wet clutch doesn't mean you can't burn it. Is it harder? Yes, but it'll be harder to get it warm enough to start burning/glazing.  

Will you wear it out riding the friction zone a lot? Yes, it will wear much quicker. 

This is a jerky bike for sure. I still have not gotten the hang of it, and down shifting is horrible. I hope there is a break in period where this bike mellows out. Right now it is not that fun to ride. I guess I need to remap it, any suggestions?
Before I bought my FZ-07 I had a lot of riding experience so I already knew how to deal with engine braking/jerkiness from torquey bikes so mine wasn't a problem for me and I rather like it. (lets me know I'm on a mean machine) With that said, in time, with practice, you will feel right at home on it also. Smile, hang in there!  ;)

Beemer

Archived