The MT-07 Forum

New rider from the PNW

DanZieg

Snapchat-2614021318979101598_zpsfbshkwd0.jpg

Been lurking for a little bit, figured I'd finally make an intro post. Rode dirt bikes for a few years, just trail riding, nothing that involves air-time. I hadn't been on two wheels in a couple years when a buddy of mine recently rekindled my love for riding and convinced me to start riding on the streets. So, long story short, I wanted a new bike and fell quickly in love with the FZ-07. So here I am, brand new 2016 Raven FZ-07, haven't gotten much of a chance to break it in yet as the weather here (Olympia, WA) has been rather iffy lately, but I've already fallen in love with this bike from the 100-something miles I've put on it. Will post a picture as soon as I figure out how this forum does photos. (Forgive me it's been awhile since I've done forum browsing)

EDIT: Holy large picture batman. I'm too lazy to crop it from my phone, will fix later haha.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome danzieg! Good choice on bikes!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for the welcome! Hoping to meet some fellow FZ owners as the riding season picks up, anyone local to the puget sound area?

AlbatrossCafe
Thanks for the welcome! Hoping to meet some fellow FZ owners as the riding season picks up, anyone local to the puget sound area?
Plenty: http://fz07.org/thread/2123/wa-state-riders 
I live in between the Issaquah/Snoqualmie area. I pretty much never go towards Olympia often except to go Tacoma for MONSTER JAM when it is town.. but if you are ever up northeast-ish (even towards Auburn?) I would be down to meet up, shoot the breeze, & talk bike mods!

Plenty: http://fz07.org/thread/2123/wa-state-riders 
I live in between the Issaquah/Snoqualmie area. I pretty much never go towards Olympia often except to go Tacoma for MONSTER JAM when it is town.. but if you are ever up northeast-ish (even towards Auburn?) I would be down to meet up, shoot the breeze, & talk bike mods!

Have a few car buddies that live in the Auburn area, can always find excuses to head out that direction.

twowheeladdict

Congrats. When are the dry months in the PNW? Looking at touring Washington, Oregon, Northern California, and Idaho in September.

2015 FZ-07

Congrats. When are the dry months in the PNW? Looking at touring Washington, Oregon, Northern California, and Idaho in September.

September it will probably be wet around here. May-August are typically the drier months.

Once it starts getting decent around here we should plan a either a Green Valley/Cumberland or Mt St Helens meetup and ride

Once it starts getting decent around here we should plan a either a Green Valley/Cumberland or Mt St Helens meetup and ride

I would definitely be down for that!

Well, looks like it will be decent out on the 19th. Maybe we can get a group together for a ride, I know a few people that would possibly join as well if its okay to invite other bikes...

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Well, looks like it will be decent out on the 19th. Maybe we can get a group together for a ride, I know a few people that would possibly join as well if its okay to invite other bikes...

I don't mind other bikes as long as they're good peoples!

Archived