The MT-07 Forum

Check engine light with no code

pasiodg

Just finished installing EJK and Ixil sx1 full exhaust with the recommended setting from their website. I took it for a test ride and CEL keeps coming on and it stays on once I past 5mph. Once I slow down (5mph and under) CEL goes off. Here's the setting I have in my EJK, G-5.5, Y-6, R-5.5 G/B-3.5, Y/B-3, R/B-1. Any ideas?

I tested both ways connected and disconnected o2 sensor and it was still giving me the CEL. Is there a waiting period when you disconnect or connect the o2 sensor before you run the bike again?

• Premium Member

When I put my EJK back in I forget to plug the fuel tank sensor back in and I got the same thing happen. I plugged it in easy peazy and it went away. Did you perhaps not plug it back in fully?

Is that the sensor on the right close to the bolt that's holds the tank in place? I just checked it and it's plug. Do you guys think there something wrong with the he EJK?

• Premium Member
Is that the sensor on the right close to the bolt that's holds the tank in place? I just checked it and it's plug. Do you guys think there something wrong with the he EJK?

That could be the case also. If everything is plugged in properly then there isn't much else that could be wrong. What happens if you unplug the EJK and put everything back to stock? Alot of work but if it goes away then you narrowed down your problem a bit more.

• Premium Member
EJK unplug and just took it for a test ride and no CEL.

Well I would contact the seller that you got the EJK from for a refund. Sounds like it has to be the EJK if everything was installed right. That's a pain to take your bike apart and put it back together again and now have to go through the whole process one more time. I would definitely ask for some free stuff for the troubles from the seller ;)

• 1 year later...

I checked for that, but seems the starter button is 100% okay. Since this post I stripped the bike down, took the EJK off and ran it as normal, engine light still on with no error code. Checked all the connectors, all plugged in and steady. I'm not quite sure what on earth is causing this now...

Archived