The MT-07 Forum

Best bike site I've ever belonged to

yamahappy74

• Premium Member
Few years back he was in the "why would anyone ride a motorcycle? that's the dumbest thing anyone can do" that quotes close to verbatim btw, I just couldn't convince him with words, to me it was no big deal. And at the end of 2014, I went out and bought a bike w/o discussion with him or anyone for that matter. Surprised he was, but not entirely upset. He's just a worry bug and very risk averse. Close friends around us started picking up bikes, and at the end of February, he took the MSF course (passed). Just last week when I got home first words out of his mouth "Guess what, I got my license!" (as in the physical license) and was very excited to show me.  
Between you and I and the internet, my goal is to get him on a long road trip in a year or two and on his current trajectory, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it plays out.

Congrats on the hubs joining in! Isn't it great to have your partner into it too?  
Since I sold the CBR, the fiance and I have been sharing the FZ. Maybe once she gets a new bike, we can all meet up for a ride?  

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
Few years back he was in the "why would anyone ride a motorcycle? that's the dumbest thing anyone can do" that quotes close to verbatim btw, I just couldn't convince him with words, to me it was no big deal. And at the end of 2014, I went out and bought a bike w/o discussion with him or anyone for that matter. Surprised he was, but not entirely upset. He's just a worry bug and very risk averse. Close friends around us started picking up bikes, and at the end of February, he took the MSF course (passed). Just last week when I got home first words out of his mouth "Guess what, I got my license!" (as in the physical license) and was very excited to show me.  
Between you and I and the internet, my goal is to get him on a long road trip in a year or two and on his current trajectory, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it plays out.

Congrats on the hubs joining in! Isn't it great to have your partner into it too?  
Since I sold the CBR, the fiance and I have been sharing the FZ. Maybe once she gets a new bike, we can all meet up for a ride?  
Get her a grom

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
what's that I see in your avatar? gsxr? Took my friend's 2015 for a couple days and got bit by the "bigger bike" bug :( 
How are you liking the new bike now? If it's the GSX, my back was KILLING me 10-15 mins into my commute, don't think I can daily it but I can't get the power/acceleration out of my head.
FZ-09, perhaps?  FZ-10?  (*assuming we get them)
That's what I'm thinking. I want a FZ/MT-10...more POWAH and looks that only the parents of that child would love haha. That thing is promising and will be bad ass.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
The 2 days of MSF training isn't much but I agree with your observations. It can make a massive difference. Why else do I stand out there, feet sore and sweltering on the blacktop waving students down for their next exercise? It's the light in the eyes and the smiles on their faces as they get their completion cards.

Didn't know you were an instructor!

For sure! If there's any motorcycle shows, etc text me! Hope you two have been well ^_^ My supermoto class is this weekend. Can't wait.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
what kind of person rides an MC 2 miles? that's walking distance. Or just ride on the back of yours on your way to work. :)  He might get the thrill of his life.
My commute is 3.2 miles door to door used to ride my bicycle before I got hit in the back of the head at considerable speed by a rednecks f'ing side view mirror.

I've also seen cars in this area cross the double yellow line drive straight for cyclist and then turn away at the last minute. I'll sold my road bike after that.

I'll commute on the fz07 or Z1000 70% of the summer. The other 30% its raining haha

• Premium Member
For sure! If there's any motorcycle shows, etc text me! Hope you two have been well ^_^ My supermoto class is this weekend. Can't wait.
AHHH! Awesome, let me know how it goes!!! Hope you two have been well as well  :D

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived