The MT-07 Forum

Bolt Specs

bigity

Do not use yet. Under construction :)

Hi All!

I'm in the process of changing my silver bolts to black ones. I have bolt sizing tools and thought maybe someone may find this useful. I will update this list as I check more bolts. If you have info that I haven't already spec'ed, post it up and I'll add it to the list :)

Check back for more updates! :)

Side%20View%20Numbered_zpsvvwzoj13.jpg~original

1 DIA: M6 Pitch:1.00mm Length:22mm Flange: 18mm
2 DIA: M6 Pitch:1.00mm Length:20mm Flange: 13mm 

Top%20of%20tank%20numbered_zpseoqqv3b2.jpg~original

1 DIA: M5 Pitch:.80mm Length:15mm Flange:14mm
3 DIA: M5 Pitch:.80mm Length:15mm Flange:14mm

Careful of the bigger dome ones below the footpegs. They are soft at cheese and locktighted by a really macho compound.
Also becareful of the front engine bolts. One side of mine was actually stripped in the block. USE a torque wrench.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 3 months later...

I was actually thinking the other day about changing out most my silver bolts to a mix of black and blue. My bike has the blue wheels and frame. As I pull bolts and check the sizes for ordering, I'll post them up or I can just send you a pm. You should probably make a "master list" with the number of each size needed.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Careful of the bigger dome ones below the footpegs. They are soft at cheese and locktighted by a really macho compound. Also becareful of the front engine bolts. One side of mine was actually stripped in the block. USE a torque wrench.
I found this out when putting on my Akra exhaust last weekend. I put the hex bit in and simply wiggled the ratchet into place and it left some nice extra grooves on the head about 1/4 into the bolt. 

Archived