The MT-07 Forum

New member from Texas, LOVING the FZ07!!

dmrphy03

Hey there!

Had originally joined another FZ07 forum, but realized there was very little activity on it and then I found this one so here I am!

I'm from a small town in Texas called Prosper, about 30 minutes north of Dallas. Been riding since I was 10, started on a Kawasaki KX80...had my fair share of dirt bikes growing up and got my first street bike at about 20 years old. Started off on a Harley Sportster 1200 and enjoyed it a lot. Decided to go the opposite way and got a Honda CBR600RR a couple years later, which I quickly got rid of because I wasn't responsible enough on it, haha. A few years (and much more maturity) later, I decided to get another bike leading me on the quest to the FZ07 after some online research. I knew I liked the naked look and the FZ07 had the best reviews by far for what I was looking for. Picked this beauty up in Arlington about 3 weeks ago and cant say enough good things about it!

It's a 2015 and when I bought it, it had just over 2000 miles on it and the previous owner had dropped it. The ONLY things that were affected in the drop were the throttle side bar end, air scoop plastic and radiator cover plastic. Due to the slight cosmetic damage, I was able to walk out with the bike for $5500 including TTL, after a little negotiating. A little black paint for the bar end and about $85 worth of plastics later and the bike looks brand new!

Since buying it I have installed the M4 slip on exhaust, motodynamics integrated smoked tail light/turn signals, yoshi tail tuck kit, shorty break/clutch levers and some tank grips/decals. Mods to come include frame/axle sliders, LED R1 smoked front turns, bar end mirrors, a windshield and I gotta figure out SOMETHING for the seat, haha, so freakin' uncomfortable! Honestly though, it's my ONLY complaint about the bike so I am extremely ok with that.

Looking forward to getting to know some of yall and seeing all of the beautiful bikes on here!

Dustin

IMG_2629.jpg

• Premium Member

Upload your picture to a different website and add it through the link
Welcome, man!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcomr dmrphy03! Good lookin' bike you got there! You might want to add a radiator cover to your mod list, it's exposed to damage pretty easily.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcomr dmrphy03! Good lookin' bike you got there! You might want to add a radiator cover to your mod list, it's exposed to damage pretty easily.
Thanks for the reminder, that's one thing I haven't done yet. Still may make my own it's so easy and cheap to do. 
Welcome aboard dmrphy03! I used to live in Austin and have only drove past Dallas, is there hill country where you're at?

Beemer

Sweet...thanks for the heads up! I will definitely look into that!

Thanks for the reminder, that's one thing I haven't done yet. Still may make my own it's so easy and cheap to do. 
Welcome aboard dmrphy03! I used to live in Austin and have only drove past Dallas, is there hill country where you're at?

Unfortunately no hill country here brotha, all pretty flat. Gotta go down south for the good hills. Where you living at now? Austin is a pretty cool town...

Unfortunately no hill country here brotha, all pretty flat. Gotta go down south for the good hills. Where you living at now? Austin is a pretty cool town...
That figures, Oklahoma infected your area with it's flatness. I'm living in Oklahoma's twin, flat state, Florida but I exaggerate, it's still fun to ride no matter how flat. Austin was cool until it got invaded. Everyone and their granny are moving there it seems to get a good paying job in the semiconductor industry and it's over crowded now. Just before I moved rent jumped up two-hundered a month just because of some fancy new apartment complex with a restaurant built in close to my place. It's not as nice as it used to be because of the crowding but there's still a lot to do there and the bar-b-que is still good. I think I miss the bar-b-que more than anything, the hill country comes in a close 2nd. Take care riding.

Beemer

Archived