The MT-07 Forum

Picked up an FZ-09

ryan4130

I just picked up a used FZ-09 off craigslist. I see a lot of people asking "07 vs 09?" which usually ends up an answer along the lines of "similar but more power".
Ive only rode her home so far but initial impressions: Engine and transmission attitude is completely different. Bike is not vibey at all, very smooth. Brakes on the 09 have way more bite.

Z9ftFn8.jpg

pORfmdv.jpg

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

twowheeladdict

I chose the 07 over the 09 because of the looks, lower cost, lighter weight. The banana seat kills the FZ-09 for me even though my first bike was a Yamaha triple from 1977.

2015 FZ-07

If I could afford it i would've bought a fz09. Insurance doubles for me on that bike. :/

Really? Do you have priors? Insurance for me was $10 more every 6 months for basic coverage, but I have a clean record.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Man... I swear I'm like at the 75% threshold of going and getting an FZ09. Insurance isn't much of an increase for me as I already checked insurance for it.

How's the weight difference feel for you?

Looks like you'll need to change out those tires soon though.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

So you succumbed to the siren call of the triple.  ;)   I LOVE that color of 09. I saw one in person and the chain was a matching golden color and looked fantastic. I don't know if it was stock.

Your garage looks like ours now but you're selling your 07, right?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Man... I swear I'm like at the 75% threshold of going and getting an FZ09. Insurance isn't much of an increase for me as I already checked insurance for it. 
How's the weight difference feel for you?

Looks like you'll need to change out those tires soon though.

Do it do it! I waited around until I found a deal on the 09 and made the jump. Now I just have to hold out for the right buyer.
The picture is bad. The tires are fine. Stock rubber on the 09 is not a dual compound tire and is sticky. I hear they go out in under 10k miles for sure.

Weight difference is negligible. I don't think I notice it at all.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

So you succumbed to the siren call of the triple.  ;)   I LOVE that color of 09. I saw one in person and the chain was a matching golden color and looked fantastic. I don't know if it was stock. 
Your garage looks like ours now but you're selling your 07, right?

Mine has a gold chain also which was stock.
Yes the 07 is for sale :/ the lady friend didn't want to ride it because she couldnt flat foot on it. Plus it's kinda too powerful as a first bike for her

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Just sold the 07. I am still sad :/

Probably wont frequent this site much anymore, moving over to fz09.org. Same screen name. Maybe ill see some of you there if you make the 09 switch.

Thanks for all the help on the way. This community will keep growing

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Probably wont frequent this site much anymore, moving over to fz09.org. Same screen name. Maybe ill see some of you there if you make the 09 switch.

I hope you told the new owner about us.  :))

Illegitimi non carborundum

AlbatrossCafe

What did you sell it for? This all happened so fast lol 

Archived