The MT-07 Forum

$40 for a set of front or rear panel mesh?

jchin3081

I just couldn't do it. I don't mind spending money on things that are worth it, but a total of $80 for little pieces of mesh just for aesthetics, so I decided to make my own. I think it actually came out pretty well and I only spent about $20 in parts.

$12 for a row of mesh and $7 for a can of clear spray paint to stop from rusting.

Only thing that took a little longer than expected was forming the rear mesh, but even that wasn't that long.

If anyone from the SF area wants to do this also, I have plenty of mesh left that I can give.

f703abe47d75c0e799eabff2e5924bc4.jpg728f66298389ce69df0eacd8b74b2077.jpg4f1cb2550af2d2859cf09f889746fc9c.jpg3698d44fc21aec2464f775afd9bd315f.jpgf352194e8b23b27ba9cb84821e4008b7.jpg

• Premium Member

Wow
That actually came out well.
I may have to take up this project too.

• Premium Member

Its satisfying to fabricate bits and pieces. Nice work.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@jchin3081

You should consider selling these, I would definitely buy a set from you....hint hint

• Premium Member

Yes, as I once mentioned in another thread, various "meshes" are readily available online... I like McMaster-Carr.  The last time I bought such from them for a car project they had various materials including aluminum and stainless, so painting wasn't necessary.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Just put these in myself. I've got a buddy who works at a dealership so I paid their cost not retail.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator
Just put these in myself. I've got a buddy who works at a dealership so I paid their cost not retail.
Where is this hookup when i needed a tire...

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived