The MT-07 Forum

CRG Hindsight LS (LaneSplitter)

rowdy

• Premium Member

I bought a set of these because I like the look so much and the reviews were so positive.
I've ridden with them a few times now and here are my impressions. 
They are very high quality construction.
The mirror is convex, so compared to stock, things are smaller in the mirror but you get a bigger field of view (and no shoulders)
There is absolutely no vibration in the view, and it is crystal clear.
I could not live without the lanesplitter feature, because even getting into my bike parking spot at home, I have to navigate between parked vehicles. 
The lanesplitter feature works beautifully, as it maintains the mirror adjustment when switched between out and in.
The install was very easy for me, because they clamp perfectly over the renthal bar ends I already had on my bike (I returned a set of CRG adapters I had bought with them).

Overall, I give them two thumbs up!
Here are some pictures:

[attachment id=1469" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1470" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1471" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1472" thumbnail="1]

Why can't left turners see us?

Do you have a couple pics that show the bars also? I've been thinking about trying the Rental's...

• Premium Member
Do you have a couple pics that show the bars also? I've been thinking about trying the Rental's...
Here are a couple I took a while back, (with the OEM mirrors and flashers): [attachment id=1473" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1474" thumbnail="1]

booboobusfz07

I may have to pick these up. Just put my renthal on and snapped the mount to the cycle gear one I have.

• Premium Member

@rowdy; sorry off subject..!!, but is that the Cruze control device you have installed on the right side handle bar, or is it something else? (In picture 1 & 3)

• Premium Member

I have the Blind sight and love them but those are the cats meow, at the time I was spending too much in other areas on the bike lol.
High quality stuff for sure I have cheep ones on the buell and they are ok don't get me wrong but you can tell the difference you get what you pay for.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
@rowdy ; sorry off subject..!!, but is that the Cruze control device you have installed on the right side handle bar, or is it something else? (In picture 1 & 3)
Yea, it's a cheapo Nep throttle lock (modified a little).  It works great though. 

• Premium Member
@rowdy ; sorry off subject..!!, but is that the Cruze control device you have installed on the right side handle bar, or is it something else? (In picture 1 & 3)
Yea, it's a cheapo Nep throttle lock (modified a little).  It works great though. 

Can you please post a link of the place you bought it from. thanks.

• Premium Member

Can you please post a link of the place you bought it from. thanks.

I just picked it up on amazon.  I've had them on two of my other bikes and wanted one for the FZ.  The one I got (CC-3) is supposed to be a two cable throttle model, but didn't fit the FZ dual cable molded thingy, so I did a little mod with a piece of plastic strap and anchored it to one of the starter assembly bolts on the bottom.  I've done kludges like that before to make them fit, so it was no surprise.  The main thing is that when you anchor it, it still has to line up nicely between the grip and the throttle sleeve.  One of the other models (CC2 or CC4) might fit better, but I don't know that for sure.  Here's a link to the installation instructions. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Looks great! What turn lights do you have on it. Those look great!
I got them from Lucky Bike.  They are the Yakima Version (Black - LED).  

Looks great! What turn lights do you have on it. Those look great!
Thanks, how was the install on those?  Did you need to get anything else to get that good of a finish?  Bout to piss the wife off with a big order of stuff that should keep me busy for at least a day installing and lights are high on the list 

• Premium Member
Thanks, how was the install on those?  Did you need to get anything else to get that good of a finish?  Bout to piss the wife off with a big order of stuff that should keep me busy for at least a day installing and lights are high on the list 

Well, you can make you're life easier by buying these adapters (The cheaper ones don't work very well, I know from experience). I also bought some standard Yamaha 3-wire flasher mating connectors, and wired in Blinker Genies, so they would work as Flashers AND DRLs.
And last but not least, I replaced the stock flasher relay with this to get rid of hyperblink.   The install isn't bad at all, but it helps if you have a soldering iron and some good wire cutting stripping tools.  Oh yea, and install hint:  Use blue loctite on the flasher stalk bolts.

nice review! Im on the fence between these and the Arrows & cant decide  (puke)

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

Archived