The MT-07 Forum

Are there any headlight assembly conversion kits yet?

username

• Premium Member

Is there any headlight assembly conversion kits for this bike? I see some pretty cool custom ones on street fighters here and there on the Internet. Not sure if they would fit our bikes though.

• Global Moderator

@panzer716, I think @username is looking to replace the entire headlight assembly, not just the bulb. I am curious what people find.

Ah, I guess I didn't get that from the original post. Lol Still good articles to look at if you are considering any headlight upgrade.

• Premium Member

Ya my bad. Headlight assembly kits ;p

AlbatrossCafe

I'm with ya. The stock headlight assembly is probably my least favorite part of the 07 looks-wise. I'd love to see something like these dual headlights for our bikes:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/attachments/sportster-models/81710d1259957300-dual-headlights-on-a-nightster-2009_0804knucklebars0003.jpg

But I have never seen a kit for ANYTHING...

I love the headlights on a Sachs Mad-ass 125. I wonder if they can be fitted on ours.

[attachment id=1479" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1480" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

I'm with ya. The stock headlight assembly is probably my least favorite part of the 07 looks-wise. I'd love to see something like these dual headlights for our bikes: 
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/attachments/sportster-models/81710d1259957300-dual-headlights-on-a-nightster-2009_0804knucklebars0003.jpg

But I have never seen a kit for ANYTHING...

Check out this guy's instagram: 

I LOVE the way these look. It's the "Dominator" headlight assembly which is available on ebay and elsewhere. It's not specific to the FZ-07 but you can get a universal mount for it that you can apparently fit to the FZ-07.

I'd love to try it eventually.

AlbatrossCafe

Wow... great find. I agree that is SO MUCH BETTER than stock. It looks like he kept the top part of the stock that has the signals. I'd be willing to order that and try it out for sure. Maybe even make a tutorial if it goes well. How is that guy not on the forum...

Edit: Not looking good for the regular dominators - people are saying they can't even tell if they are on during the day and they start to rust after a year. Basically you would be buying them for short-term daylight looks only. The projectors may be better but I can't find much review information about them, and they are still Halogen.

Standard h4: http://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Motorcycle-Double-Fighter-Dominator/dp/B00O7TMTBI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457652123&sr=8-1&keywords=dominator+twin+headlights

Projectors: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dominator-2-0-Twin-Projector-Headlight-Motorcycle-Streetfighter-Trike-Quad-Bike-/181797081578?hash=item2a53f351ea:g:68kAAOSwnDxUa4Ew&vxp=mtr

@albatrosscafe Yeah, I've heard that if you buy them, you really need to get replacement bulbs as well. So it's still doable, just the whole thing would be kind of a pain in the ass to figure out. Would be much nicer if someone just made a complete kit specific to our bike.

FYI @tylerjanebr I just ordered a set + what I think is the right mounting hardware... lol. For about $60 total it is not going to kill me if it doesn't workout. We'll see how this goes...
Nice!! I'm looking forward to reading about how it goes. 

I want this from forum vendor @higdonion  
http://higdonion.com/products/lbs-lights
With a little time and effort i feel I could make a sweet plug and play version of what I have including turn signals for the fz07. I've wanted a excuse to do so but my lights are not exactly rode legal.. not that it would stop me nor many others from running them but it is a issue for some I'm sure...

those are going to be horrible for street use....half the light output is going up, it's not directional at all.

please don't run these on the street...every other driver will hate you

• Premium Member

wtf are you talking about? They are as directionally adjustable as any other headlight.

Everything went braap.

I would also prefer the basic, classic look of a round headlight like on the SV650. They seem to stand the "test of time".

• 3 weeks later...
AlbatrossCafe
Quick update: I have all my wiring figured out and got the headlights working after a lot of research. I am just waiting on some headlight mounting brackets that will properly fit my fork tubes and then I should be ready to mount everything up. Brackets won't be here till April 7th-12th though... :'(

jeepinbassist
I want this from forum vendor @higdonion  
http://higdonion.com/products/lbs-lights
With a little time and effort i feel I could make a sweet plug and play version of what I have including turn signals for the fz07. I've wanted a excuse to do so but my lights are not exactly rode legal.. not that it would stop me nor many others from running them but it is a issue for some I'm sure...

This bike would look so amazing with the light bars on it.

those are going to be horrible for street use....half the light output is going up, it's not directional at all. 
please don't run these on the street...every other driver will hate you
If you run around with your high beams on "the spot bar" you will most definitely be a pain in the ass but the flood aimed properly as a low beam is pretty acceptable.  I've run them on the street on a few bikes now. 

I hope to have a kit ready in the next week or so. 

jeepinbassist
I hope to have a kit ready in the next week or so. 

I'm really interested in one but the only problem is I doubt they will be usable with a windscreen on there.

Archived