The MT-07 Forum

New owner from Wisconsin

anoll

What's up guys, just purchased my 3rd bike, a white 2015 FZ07. Put down my down payment yesterday and I'm picking her up on Saturday... I've been browsing the forum for a bit and you all seem like very knowledgable and helpful guys! Can't wait to hopefully chime in on a few discussions, and maybe ask a few questions of my own.. I'm going from a 2007 SV650 that I sold two summers ago to this, I can't wait to get on the road and see what this puppy is capable of

dentalprodigy

Congratulations and welcome. I bet you're counting down the hours till Saturday. Do post a *picture once you get a chance!

EDIT: goof'ed on spelling "picture"

White .... you chose well. Welcome and careful not to post a 

[attachment id=1467" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

White .... you chose well. Welcome and careful not to post a  

[attachment id=1467" thumbnail="1]

Haha I saw this pic first before reading the first post and thought wtf... I'll be sure to post a pic or two, already bought my fender eliminator and I'm looking at bar end mirrors already. Oh yeah and I still need to pick up some gear since I sold my stuff when I got rid of my last bike :x parts are just too fun to shop for though

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. You're gonna have a blast with it.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome anoll! Thanks for joining our little group!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Congratulations and welcome. I bet you're counting down the hours till Saturday. Do post a lictor once you get a chance!
An image of something I can't post comes to mind! 

• Global Moderator
Congratulations and welcome. I bet you're counting down the hours till Saturday. Do post a lictor once you get a chance!
What would that be jet?

Also... gratz on the purchase dude
you're gonna love it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

What would that be jet? 

Also... gratz on the purchase dude
you're gonna love it

You know what I mean. Can't post it. Can't write about it. 
Hi anoll!

Haaa, ha! It's probably best. That pic may pop up in someone's mind at the wrong time and cause them to become fixated and crash.

Beemer

Congratulations and welcome. I bet you're counting down the hours till Saturday. Do post a *picture once you get a chance! 
EDIT: goof'ed on spelling "picture"
It's quite alright, we've all made goofs/typo's and apparently, we enjoyed "lictor" much better anyway. Have a grab day!  ;)

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike! These peeps are all really cool. I've not once had a bad experience with anyone in here, so feel free to ask whatever you need to. They're all very amiable and helpful.

Funny story about the dealer... Basically I went in on Wednesday to look at a (new) 2015 white fz 07. Its the color I wanted and as some of you may know the 2016's do not come in white.. So when I seen one within driving distance to my house I went as soon as I got off work.. So I get there, there's no white FZ on the floor, I mention it to the salesman and he tells me he'll go check on that. He comes back and says yep, it's in back, but its in a crate yet not assembled. Now to me that seemed odd, to have a crated unassembled 2015 in the back, while there are 2016's out on the floor. You'd think they would want to get rid of the older inventory. So after sitting on a few in the showroom and agreeing on a price I tell him once again i'll buy this bike so long as you have the white. I felt weird putting a down payment down on a bike I haven't seen in person. Anyway, I put the money down and we agree i'll come back Saturday to do the financing paperwork, the bike will be assembled and ready and off I go. So today (Friday) I get off work and call just to make sure everything is still in order for me to come in tomorrow, and after some back and forth phone calls he tells me they un-crated the bike and there was a grey one inside.. Somehow I KNEW this was going to happen. He tells me they can honor the agreed upon price if I want a new 2016 and throw me a couple hundred dollars in in store credit. It was frustrating because I was really looking forward to getting a white, but anyway I agreed and settled with a new 2015 Grey FZ07 with the blue frame and wheels, except I personally hate the blue wheels so I negotiated getting them to swap those off for a black set.

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly tomorrow and I can post some pics when I get her home!

• Premium Member

You should be able to buy the white panels and swap them out. It'll cost you a little less than 200$

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

If they offered one of the 2016's at the same price and it is the Raven color, why not get that bike. It has the black wheels and you can swap the tank panels for white (cost $150). Plus you also get the store credit dollars they offered. I purchased a red bike last year and changed the red tank panels for white.
[attachment id=1482" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1481" thumbnail="1]

Sorry, sounds like you really had your sights set on a white one. Did you ask them if they would trade panels and I hope you got a good, reduced price on the bike, being it's a year old now. What the heck, after you ride it you won't care, it's such a fun bike.

Beemer

If they offered one of the 2016's at the same price and it is the Raven color, why not get that bike. It has the black wheels and you can swap the tank panels for white (cost $150). Plus you also get the store credit dollars they offered. I purchased a red bike last year and changed the red tank panels for white. [attachment id=1482" thumbnail="1][attachment thumbnail=1" id="1481]

Now that's something I might still do. How's the process of swapping the panels? It looks fairly simple

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

If they offered one of the 2016's at the same price and it is the Raven color, why not get that bike. It has the black wheels and you can swap the tank panels for white (cost $150). Plus you also get the store credit dollars they offered. I purchased a red bike last year and changed the red tank panels for white. 

Now that's something I might still do. How's the process of swapping the panels? It looks fairly simple
It is a simple process. Check out this thread link Here1 and another Here2. The first thread link is for doing a throttle body sync, but the first series of steps show you how to remove the tank panels (your last step is the one that covers removing the white center tank piece). The second thread link is for installing an EJK fuel controller, but also removes the tank panels and gives tips on how to pull the panels off after the bolts are removed. I purchased a red bike because of the black frame and replaced the red tank panels for white without any issues. It is very easy to remove the tank's panels, just take your time, especially when pulling the side panels off the bike.

I know some forum members have ordered the body panels from the following online websites at a good price and were happy with their purchase (consider shipping fee cost). They had no problems with the panels during shipping:
www.partspak.com
www.yamahapartshouse.com
www.partsfish.com

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

What happened to the rims!? They're supposed to be blurple! Awwww, man. :(
Just playin. It's a purdy ride. Enjoy!

• Global Moderator
Funny story about the dealer... Basically I went in on Wednesday to look at a (new) 2015 white fz 07. Its the color I wanted and as some of you may know the 2016's do not come in white.. So when I seen one within driving distance to my house I went as soon as I got off work.. So I get there, there's no white FZ on the floor, I mention it to the salesman and he tells me he'll go check on that. He comes back and says yep, it's in back, but its in a crate yet not assembled. Now to me that seemed odd, to have a crated unassembled 2015 in the back, while there are 2016's out on the floor. You'd think they would want to get rid of the older inventory. So after sitting on a few in the showroom and agreeing on a price I tell him once again i'll buy this bike so long as you have the white. I felt weird putting a down payment down on a bike I haven't seen in person. Anyway, I put the money down and we agree i'll come back Saturday to do the financing paperwork, the bike will be assembled and ready and off I go. So today (Friday) I get off work and call just to make sure everything is still in order for me to come in tomorrow, and after some back and forth phone calls he tells me they un-crated the bike and there was a grey one inside.. Somehow I KNEW this was going to happen. He tells me they can honor the agreed upon price if I want a new 2016 and throw me a couple hundred dollars in in store credit. It was frustrating because I was really looking forward to getting a white, but anyway I agreed and settled with a new 2015 Grey FZ07 with the blue frame and wheels, except I personally hate the blue wheels so I negotiated getting them to swap those off for a black set.  
Fingers crossed it goes smoothly tomorrow and I can post some pics when I get her home!
you can also swap the panes for around 150 bucks....

l/r side panels
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-1WS-24129-00-P1.html
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-1WS-24139-00-P1.html

top panel
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-1WS-2171A-00-P1.html

there are various foam damper blocks but they're all less thn $5 a piece

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived