The MT-07 Forum

Kodaskin passenger footpegs

avanti

• Premium Member

So, as I've nearly finished the mods to my 07 I decided I needed black passenger footpegs to do so.  I could paint the originals but I felt like decently anodized should stay black longer (though my granddaughter only rides with me infrequently).  Hence, I ordered a set of cheap ($29.95 delivered) "Kodaskins" from China via ebay.  I had no expectations but since they were cheap and I can modify about anything if necessary to make it fit, I thought, "why not?"

They arrived this morning and were absolutely perfectly made and fit correctly without any issues or mods.  Of course, I didn't have any metric cotter-pins so I used 3/32" instead.  They rattle a bit in the holes but that was okay since I opted to install a "stack" of three stainless washer between the cotter-pins and the bike bracket to take up the slack and assure I didn't scratch the bracket while bending the ends of the cotter-pins. 

Only one bit of advice for installation of the pegs themselves...  Like the stock pegs the new ones have a hole for the old spring and ball that work in the separate metal detente-plate.  My suggestion will make installation quick and simple.  It is to position the peg and detente-plate over the newly installed spring and ball AS IF the foot-peg were folded in and then compress the plate to the peg (mashing the ball and spring into the peg-hole) while carefully sliding the works into the bike bracket slot.  Also, it is critical that the pieces be absolutely aligned level with the bracket's slot.  The fit is snug without any up-or-down wiggle-room, but is perfect when straight.  Do it this way and they slide right in; then, align the holes of the new peg and the detente-plate with the bracket using a Phillips screw-driver and go from there.

• Premium Member

That looks good! Black pegs just make sense on this bike. Should have came stock like this

Archived