The MT-07 Forum

Painting panels?

ratherbebiking

ratherbebiking

I've got a 2015 red. I've been debating pulling the panels and having them painted. I am leaning towards a "British racing green" colour but am debating whether the bike has too modern a 'look'. Has anyone painted their panels something similar?

• Global Moderator

I've got a 2015 red. I've been debating pulling the panels and having them painted. I am leaning towards a "British racing green" colour but am debating whether the bike has too modern a 'look'. Has anyone painted their panels something similar?

several have painted their panels....
i believe someone has done the green as well but not professionally... i think they have mostly used plasti-dip

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

It would be pretty easy with this bike as there are 3 panels, that are all fairly small to be painted. I am waiting till I have mine paid off until I paint my panels.

As for actually painting them. I would go for a good quality automotive paint, and ensure that you do the prep work and paint them in a nice clean environment. Otherwise it will end up looking kinda crap on far too new of a bike.

2 years ago we painted my old red Ninja a beautiful dark blue. It looked really nice until the clearcoat that was recommended was applied. From then on the bike was always sticky. I wasn't too upset because it was a cheap bike and it still looked sooooo much better than in red (sorkyah). Anyway be sure to use the right products.

• Global Moderator
2 years ago we painted my old red Ninja a beautiful dark blue. It looked really nice until the clearcoat that was recommended was applied. From then on the bike was always sticky. I wasn't too upset because it was a cheap bike and it still looked sooooo much better than in red (sorkyah). Anyway be sure to use the right products.
Everything looks better in red...
bikes... cars... women... even toast
mmm Boysenberry
oh and of course the force.....
*imperial march runnin through my head*

I definitely vote for the british racing green though
red is my second choice if i cant have a nice dark green

Everything looks better in red... bikes... cars... women... even toast
mmm Boysenberry

Should have thought of this earlier. I can resolve this. Your vehicles are probably female and a lot of guys like red hot sexy woman. My vehicles are always male so of course I want tall, dark and handsome. I don't want a cross dressing bike! Whether or not everything looks better in red is subjective but...a tux, a men's suit and a men's uniform should not be red. 

• Global Moderator

Everything looks better in red... bikes... cars... women... even toast
mmm Boysenberry

Should have thought of this earlier. I can resolve this. Your vehicles are probably female and a lot of guys like red hot sexy woman. My vehicles are always male so of course I want tall, dark and handsome. I don't want a cross dressing bike! Whether or not everything looks better in red is subjective but...a tux, a men's suit and a men's uniform should not be red.

That doesnt explain the green though @jetgirl
Jewel colors (sapphire, emerald, ruby(you've explained this one a bit) point is darker rich colors are big as favorites among men just as pastels are more prevolent among women as favorites (barring the tall/dark/handsome look... seriously what is it with women and this ideaology anyway?)

Anyways.... srry @ratherbebiking
we pulled your thread a bit off topic
bodyshop at work quoted me 150 to prep and paint the 3 red panels in the same 'forest green' that Hyundai uses for it's genesis.
This was an employee price so i cant say what normal cost would be... but check with local collision center... maybe talk to the painters themselves....
see if they'll take on some side work

brg10.jpg

I love that color on the XSR700, but not sure about the FZ07. I mean, it isn't bad, that's for sure. But it isn't the XSR700.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

brg10.jpg 
I love that color on the XSR700, but not sure about the FZ07. I mean, it isn't bad, that's for sure. But it isn't the XSR700.

And I have decided on what colour I am painting mine, because holy that looks amazing. 

I think a British green would look fine and I've always been partial to a cream color to go with it like this bike:

[attachment id=1466" thumbnail="1]Go for it, it can always be painted again later.

Beemer

I think a British green would look fine and I've always been partial to a cream color to go with it like this bike: 

Go for it, it can always be painted again later.
Here you go, he should go all out!   
brg210.jpg

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Archived