The MT-07 Forum

New guy, used bike, SF bay area

markstertt

[div]Hi, took a demo ride last year on the -07 while waiting for a turn on the -09, I was pleasantly surprised with the spread of power and sweet shifting on the little bike. I had to keep up with the big bikes so had to ring it out pretty good. I didn't even stick around for the -09 ride as the -07 was that impressive and fit me perfectly. Long story short, just found a used FZ-07 (graphite/blurple) with some of the mods I would do so bought it and just a couple days ago found this forum...good stuff and now I'm hoping Mr. Hord comes out with a package deal for his airbox & PCV as I'd like to get the little bike up to factory claimed HP and torque...Mark[/div]

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome markster! Glad you found our little group and got a great bike too! What part of the bay you from? I just moved away from there.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Welcome to the community/family Mark!

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome Mark! When you get time, post some pics of your new ride.

Welcome to the forum. There's a few other bay area FZ-07 owners on this site including myself. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This site is great.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the site "MarkSter ", make sure to pin yourself on the forum map, so the rest of the riders will invite you for future local rides.

Welcome to the site "MarkSter ", make sure to pin yourself on the forum map, so the rest of the riders will invite you for future local rides.
Where is this pin? I don't see it lol

• Premium Member

Welcome!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Where is this pin? I don't see it lol

Here it is: http://fz07.org/thread/2271

booboobusfz07

Welcome. Good to see another bay area rider on here. We're getting quite the collection. Lol. I'm from danville myself

• Premium Member
panchobullet

welcome bud! share some pics so we can show some love to your bike!  :P

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

I'll be putting together another ride this month I hope. Maybe all you bayarea cats can come this time!

Man, I don't even know yet. I'll try to give as much notice as possible though. I know people got busy lives ☺

Wow, ok a lot of response, I'll pin the map when I get a chance. My FZ-07 is the graphite/blurple with Yoshi R77 carbon exhaust and tail tidy and a Puig sport wind screen. I only picked the bike up yesterday so took the opportunity to change the oil and filter from the Yamalube to Amsoil 10w-40 Metric synthetic and filter. Lubed the chain and all the pivot points and pulled the muffler to install the DB killer, no way to get that little screw in with out pulling muffler, at least for me. I'll see if the DB killer helps with the popping on decel, I feel the bike needs a fuel controller now but am waiting to see if Mr. Hord offers his airbox with PCV in a package deal, I think that would do it.

• Premium Member

Yo caliesv shoot me a date so I can request that day off
@simbadc650, you always have a day off, we all love Google.... ;-)

• Premium Member

I'll be putting together another ride this month I hope. Maybe all you bayarea cats can come this time!
@caliesv - good luck with this month, I see the weather forecast for the next two weeks....... RAIN and more RAIN....... :-)

@caliesv - good luck with this month, I see the weather forecast for the next two weeks....... RAIN and more RAIN....... :-)
Yup, might have to skip March ☺

booboobusfz07

This weather blows for sure. Just put new bars on an can't ride it,lol. Not looking forward to work for a bit.

Welcome markster! Can it pop a wheelie?  ::)
Hi Beemer,  I only have the 6 mile test ride on it, shortly after getting it home it started to rain and still is, the prior owner told me to be careful in the wet as the Dunlop Q3s weren't made for it. I'm assuming he's correct since I don't know any difference, any way, to answer your question I'll just say 'probably, can't they all?' Mark

Inside joke at the cost of (me) looking silly. Of course it can. Good answer, though!

Beemer

Archived