The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust header gaskets included?

pilotingpete

I have a 2016 FZ07 and purchased the Akropovic Carbon fiber full race exhaust. Does the exhaust system come with new exhaust header gaskets, or do I have to purchase them separately. If so, where is a good place to buy said gaskets?

I don't recall mine coming with gaskets or else I would've put them on to be sure everything was OK but then again, my stock gaskets weren't cruddy looking after just a few hundred miles and work just fine. I imagine a Yamaha dealership could get you gaskets if you really want/need them.

Beemer

I got mine at Partzilla.  Part number is 3YF-14613-01-00.

Thanks. I ordered a set from them. $11.70 for two gaskets, plus $7 for shipping.

booboobusfz07

As long as you don't have a bunch of miles on your bike just use the stock ones an put some copper permatex on there. A lot if people have used the stock gaskets here with no issues. Been fine so far with my leovince.

AlbatrossCafe
got mine at the dealer for like $8.
Same. This seems easiest. My dealer had like 8 of them. 
You could use the stock ones which will probably fine. You could also just buy new gaskets since $12 isn't much when compared to a $742 exhaust.

• Premium Member

I reused mine no issue.... think I had well over 5000 on it too they looked perfect to me metal gaskets can be used over again.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Archived