The MT-07 Forum

Looking for a smaller size rain and UV cover for my FZ-07.

JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar

I really need a cover for my FZ-07 since I do not have a garage and it rains here very often. I frequently commute to work and carry a backpack with me, so the cover needs to be able to fit in my backpack so I can cover my bike at work. The cover needs to protect the bike from the sun and the rain since it can be a downpour one minute then blue skies the next here in Western Oregon.

What do you guys use for covers? Looking for suggestions from people that know more about them than myself.

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

I use this - > http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-aquatex-cover

A medium size works for the fz I'm putting a puig windscreen on today so I'll update how it fits with that but fits perfect as is.
It works pretty well there is some water getting through in super heavy downpours but nothing a quick wrap wipe won't get off stays pretty much dry otherwise. Only problem and thing you have to remember is you have to let the bike cool off before you cover it if not you'll wind up having the exhaust burn through the snap on the bottom I learned the hard way haha. The reason it burned off is the cat on the bottom touched it and I thought it had cooled off enough but was wrong.

• Premium Member

You can get an all weather cover from cycle gear. As far as being able to fit in your backpack, I hope it's a good size because no matter what cover you get, they'll pretty much take up the same amount of space unless it's just a half cover. The amount of material needed to cover the bike will ensure that and provided it's the same size cover. As far as protection from the rain and sun. An all weather cover will work perfectly for the rain but as for the sun, I don't think any cover is necessarily perfect. It may block UV rays but damage can still occur underneath because of the heat. The type of damage I speak of is paint peeling or fading. I have this cover, but only got it for the just in case. I always have my bike in the garage.

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Deluxe-Motorcycle-Cover

You can't beat Nelson-Rigg for quality. I have two and they are 10 or 11 years old. Faded but no rips or leaks. I think they had a lifetime guarantee at the time.

• Premium Member

+1 on a half cover. Smaller and also helpful to ensure you don't burn your cover when you place it over your exhaust once you've arrived.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

twowheeladdict

I carry a 5x7 nylon tarp and some elastic soft ties to cover the bike when on trips. Compact, waterproof, and can cover right away. Only cost about $10 total from wally world.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

[attachment id=1454" thumbnail="1]

I got a Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus cover. It fits over the top box and side bags. The grommets for use with a lock fit in the foot pegs. It will probably fill your backpack. And the bike blew over in a strong wind.

JuggernautOfWar

I probably should have specified I'm looking more for a half cover than a full cover. I ride and commute on my bike pretty often even in the winter so the exhaust will be hot when I cover my bike and I want it to be small to fit in my backpack, so I think a half cover is perfect.

Does this look like a good cover? Seems good to me. Thinking about ordering a medium size.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/nelson-rigg-uv-2000-half-cover#overview_tab

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

Archived