Sign in to follow this  
dentalprodigy

Is rear brake supposed to light up brake lights?

dentalprodigy
Hi everyone, 
                  Just found out that my rear brake doesn't light up the tail light.  Front brake is fine and does light up the brake light.  Is this normal? How do you suggest I remedy this? 

Thanks in advance !

caliesv
Dumb question, but, are you pressing your rear foot lever down hard/far enough when you're checking for functionality?

frabus
I had the same issue, turns out the rear brake light switch needed adjusting. The procedure is outlined in the owners manual. Ive heard of other guys also having sticky switches, seems to be a common issue area.
  • Like 3

dentalprodigy
Dumb question, but, are you pressing your rear foot lever down hard/far enough when you're checking for functionality?
I think so.  The bike was on the side stand and I used my right hand to press down on it all the way.  It didn't light up the tail light at all.  Front brake did however.  
  • Like 1

dentalprodigy
I had the same issue, turns out the rear brake light switch needed adjusting. The procedure is outlined in the owners manual. Ive heard of other guys also having sticky switches, seems to be a common issue area.
I see.  I'll give it a good next weekend.  Thanks for the pointers!

i28
I love it when my questions are already answered on here before I even have to ask! :D
Thanks!
  • Like 1