The MT-07 Forum

GPR Exhaust anyone?

sully

Hey everyone, I've gone through just about every thread here and all of youtube and google but can't find a review or even anybody who owns an FZ 07 with a GPR exhaust. It claims to have the best low-mid range performance boost, but yada yada yada, lets be real I want it for the sound and the fact that even with shipping cost to the US its under $500 for a full system. Does anyone here have anything to say about GPR exhausts? Thanks.

Hey everyone, I've gone through just about every thread here and all of youtube and google but can't find a review or even anybody who owns an FZ 07 with a GPR exhaust. It claims to have the best low-mid range performance boost, but yada yada yada, lets be real I want it for the sound and the fact that even with shipping cost to the US its under $500 for a full system. Does anyone here have anything to say about GPR exhausts? Thanks.
I don't think I've seen anyone on here with the GPR, but all I have to say is I went with the akra carbon (love the sound) like they say you get what you pay for. But who knows the GPR might be great.

I love GPR exhaust systems. If they had been available when I got mine I would have bought one. Well made and very light. If you are a shiney freak you might want to go elsewhere as they discolour, but I couldn't care less about that. They have a EXTREMELY good cat. system that is a high flow ceramic cylinder that fits in the end of the pipe before the muffler. 100c/sq". Very little restriction and easily removeable if you track it. Cuts noise a bit by breaking up the transient without too much effect on flow. Should pass most CO tests but you need to check that if it is important. My preference is for the GPE style.
Sally has one on her KTM 690 Duke. Gigantic weight saving on that bike and should be the same on our bikes.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I love GPR exhaust systems. If they had been available when I got mine I would have bought one. Well made and very light. If you are a shiney freak you might want to go elsewhere as they discolour, but I couldn't care less about that. They have a EXTREMELY good cat. system that is a high flow ceramic cylinder that fits in the end of the pipe before the muffler. 100c/sq". Very little restriction and easily removeable if you track it. Cuts noise a bit by breaking up the transient without too much effect on flow. Should pass most CO tests but you need to check that if it is important. My preference is for the GPE style. Sally has one on her KTM 690 Duke. Gigantic weight saving on that bike and should be the same on our bikes.
How was the ordering process? Pretty painless or was it a hassle? How do you like the sound? Even though its a different bike Im still curious if you think itll make a big difference over stock

We ordered ours from the UK and it was excellent. quick and painless.
The biggest reason to change from stock, for my money, is the big reduction in weight. Others have other reasons, but there won't be BIG HP gains and it will sound better. If you are going to put a better flowing filter on , it is really only worth it if you have a free flowing exhaust ( easier and cheaper filter maintenance aside).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived