The MT-07 Forum

M4 vs Werkes Competition

therealbrandonbrey

therealbrandonbrey

Still on the edge.. will order one by next weekend. Either go for something not many people have and don't know what it sounds like?.. or go with one that most people have and you know what it sounds like? In my opinion the werkes exhaust looks best but I don't know what it sounds like compared to the m4.. help me?

After seeing Pick's busted exhaust I would be apprehensive to buy the CW. If i were you I'd go with the M4. With the M4 you know what you will be getting and what it will sound like. Lots of reviews and tuning advice on the web for the M4 too. Either way let us know what you get and give us a review. Good luck!

Even though my CW exhaust broke, I can't say they are garbage.  It could be that I happened to get a 1 in a 1,000 duff exhaust.  I loved the look of it, and it sounded great (maybe a tad loud for my liking, but the DB killer helped a bit with that).  Having that problem though, made me regret going for a slip on exhaust that required cutting the original header pipes (which both the CW and M4 require).  After I sent the CW exhaust back, I couldn't just put the original exhaust back on, so I'm stuck waiting on a new exhaust to arrive.  I ultimately went with a Mivv, so I'll see how that works out when it arrives in the next week or two.

This Italian site had the best deal I could find, and with the current exchange rate, it's currently around $530 (including shipping to the US).

http://www.carpimoto.it/en-US/Bike_Yamaha_MT-07-FZ-07/Specific/43855_Y-044-LRB-Mivv-Complete-Exhaust-System-Yamaha-MT-07.htm

I think the only American site that sell the Mivv's is pjsparts, but they were asking $576.  After exchanging a few emails with pjsparts, I decided to order from them, just since I get the impression their customer service is really good.  Well that, and the fact that they were kind enough to lower the price a bit closer to the carpimoto price (but you didn't hear that from me :D ).

Archived