The MT-07 Forum

ValterMoto 2.5 Rearset for FZ-07

Snoopy

• Premium Member

Just installed on my FZ07 a new ValterMoto 2.5 black adjustable rearset.

They have several peg positions in 10mm increments and move the pegs about 25mm from the stock peg position. The package included spring-loading folding pegs, aluminum heel guards, black shift lever, a new rear break light switch and allows reverse shifting.
I got the black version, but they are also available in blue, gold and red. Parts are high quality and have a ‘sturdy’ feel. I personally love the design, judge yourself…. See pictures.

Break close: [attachment id=1426" thumbnail="1] and Shifter:  [attachment id=1425" thumbnail="1]

Bike with Valter Moto 2.5 rearset in black:

[attachment id=1427" thumbnail="1]   [attachment id=1428" thumbnail="1]

Installation:
Installation was pretty much straight forward and took me about two hours with the help of a friend of mine who’s done this before. The break light switch adapter didn’t fit and I had to clip off the new adapter to attach it to the bikes existing connector. Fair warning: the installation instructions are very ‘basic’ and don’t really help too much, so having some help is a good idea if you’ve never done this before.

Test Ride:
Seating position is a bit more leaning forward; I like it better than before, especially since I don’t have to move my feed as much around anymore and are faster on the rear break. It took a bit of time to adjust the shifting rod to my liking, but now it feels perfect. The bike seems now even easier to move from one side to the other in the twisties and the seating position is still comfortable.

Other tips:
I bought the set directly at CarpiMoto www.carpimoto.com in Italy on their website and it arrived after 10 days in California. The price was 327 Euros including shipping, which is significantly below recommended list price. You can also buy them in the US, but it seems like US dealers and web-shops stick with the US list price, at least I couldn't find any good deals.

Love to ride!

• Global Moderator

i'm liking the look of them.
how far off stock are they? i see 9 different positions available, but nothing as far as dimensions for the offset from stock.
also, good to see i'm not the only one that got the Graves sprocket cover

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
i'm liking the look of them. how far off stock are they? i see 9 different positions available, but nothing as far as dimensions for the offset from stock.
also, good to see i'm not the only one that got the Graves sprocket cover
I didn't measure, but it says on one of the websites it is about 25mm (about an 1") higher & further back back. It feels a bit more further back... 

Love to ride!

I'm curious how you "blacked" your side panels and the small inset cap in graphite? Were they painted or powder-coated? Looks good.

• Premium Member
I'm curious how you "blacked" your side panels and the small inset cap in graphite? Were they painted or powder-coated? Looks good.
Hello - the side panels were powder-coated and I bought the inset caps for the 2016 model. You can find more details on one of my older posts here... http://fz07.org/post/68161

Love to ride!

Archived