The MT-07 Forum

Yoshi Exhaust Has a New Finish

aaron

Well, well. Had a look . Nice titanium colour. But that's not the only thing. The Yoshi has the header step up near the valves and a second one furthur down. New generation sonics?
The yosh has a step up in the original release as well 2e808f44992a093fda53268399b7c4cc.jpg

There are 2 steps in the headers before meeting the collector at 42mm OD and continuing onto the muffler with an OD of 57mm
assuming this is all the same thickness of material,
that would make for a join at the exh port id 28mm first step up to id31mm about 10mm after the exh/head mating surface
first weld step going from id31mm to id34mm
second weld from id34.5mm to id38mm
id38mm into collector before O2 sensor
id53mm from header output to muffler
W/ muffler output being id38mm with baffle inserted

a Question please:
...38 into the collector
53 from header output into the muffler
38 to muffler *output

did you mean 53mm from "collector" (not header)with output to muffler (inlet)? If muffler output is id-38mm, what is the muffler in-let?
thanks

• Global Moderator
a Question please: ...38 into the collector
53 from header output into the muffler
38 to muffler *output

did you mean 53mm from "collector" (not header)with output to muffler (inlet)? If muffler output is id-38mm, what is the muffler in-let?
thanks
Not sure
the oultet is greater than 38mm but becausebi have the baffle in it is reduced a bit

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...

This is looking like serious new maths if it is intentional for sonics ( ie not just for fitting pipes together, which it doesn't look like). I would have to try and back engineer what they are doing and I need the exhaust cam angles for that. I have just taken on a new project (bike) so probably won't get near that for a while. REALLY interesting

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

" The r77 full stainless exh system is 3lbs lighter than the akro carbon" Are you sure . The pipes always used to be a bit thicker and the Stainless cases on the mufflers were solid compared with all the others. Have they taken a new direction. The thing with Yoshi stuff has traditionally been that they work very well, and they were more robust where it mattered, so you could crash and not stuff them as easy. The Akro is insanely light. How do they get a metal muffler to be lighter than a carbon one?

My mistake i read the chart backwards
Yoshi r77 SS 11.3lbs
yoshi r77 CF 10.7lbs
akropovic TI 13.1lbs
akropovic CF 9.9 lbs

I read the titanium stats as the carbon
my bad
You rounded down an extra pound as well, lol! One of those days, right?

Beemer

Archived