The MT-07 Forum

Yoshi Exhaust Has a New Finish

aaron

Agreed, I didn't like the polished header. I am planning on eventually getting the Akrapovic carbon. But with this change I still might consider the Yoshi.

Agreed. I painted my Yosh black because the SST was not to my liking. They did a nice job on this - it looks great after the heat-cycle draws the color out.

• Premium Member

Even though that new satin looks quite sharp, I really like having the full SS as the only shiny bits on my gal.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

The shiny one discolors in a strange way. My graves looks like shet right now, I wish I someone made an exhaust with oem durability.
If you have the time you can always polish that discoloration away.

• 3 weeks later...

The New Black S1R Exhaust from Two Brothers is available from Dobeck Performance, your Exhaust and Stage 1 Supporting Vendor.

DP Stage 1 kit pricing with Two Brothers BLACK S1R Full Exhaust and EJK fuel solution: $963
DP Stage 1 kit pricing with Two Brothers BLACK S1R Full Exhaust and AFR+ Fuel System: $1,113

Exhaust Only: $828

Kit comes with P1 powertip; if you want the P1X powertip, let us know when you call to place your order.
P1 reduces Decibel level by 3-4Db
P1X reduces Decibel level by 7-8DB

Give DP a call if you would like to get this exhaust on order.
1.406.388.2377 Ask for Dillon.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

• Premium Member

That's not the only thing Yosh is working on.  I'm pretty sure I saw something about them using different color weave options in their carbon fiber cans...

- Paulie

@pgeldz,

If you find any information on the weave colors, please share a link.

As soon as the product is available from Two Bros, Dobeck will get these packages listed on the forum for you guys.

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted!

-TuningHQ

• Premium Member

@tuninghq,

I saw it on Instagram...it was postd by trackdaz.  

kGcIgKwh.jpg

:)

- Paulie

JuggernautOfWar

I just installed my new Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber exhaust with the fancy new finish!

0adFWpB.jpg

vJWS12J.jpg

V1wmQkW.jpg

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

I just installed my new Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber exhaust with the fancy new finish! 
That look awesome definitely getting this. Where did you end up buying it from?

JuggernautOfWar

That look awesome definitely getting this. Where did you end up buying it from?
Thanks! I got it from Revzilla at the following link: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/yoshimura-r77-works-race-exhaust-system-yamaha-fz-07-2015-2016

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

Well, well. Had a look . Nice titanium colour.
But that's not the only thing. The Yoshi has the header step up near the valves and a second one furthur down. New generation sonics?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator
Well, well. Had a look . Nice titanium colour. But that's not the only thing. The Yoshi has the header step up near the valves and a second one furthur down. New generation sonics?
The yosh has a step up in the original release as well
2e808f44992a093fda53268399b7c4cc.jpg

There are 2 steps in the headers before meeting the collector at 42mm OD and continuing onto the muffler with an OD of 57mm
assuming this is all the same thickness of material,
that would make for a join at the exh port id 28mm first step up to id31mm about 10mm after the exh/head mating surface
first weld step going from id31mm to id34mm
second weld from id34.5mm to id38mm
id38mm into collector before O2 sensor
id53mm from header output to muffler
W/ muffler output being id38mm with baffle inserted

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I missed it. I guess I wasn't noticing when it first came out because I wasn't looking for it. Thanks for that. Yoshi has ALWAYS been the sneaky one. Doesn't crow about stuff just quietly ( perhaps not the right term) gets the job done right. Pity they are often a bit heavy.

The shiny one discolors in a strange way. My graves looks like shet right now, I wish I someone made an exhaust with oem durability.
Would you forever be polishing to keep it looking good?

Beemer

• Global Moderator
I missed it. I guess I wasn't noticing when it first came out because I wasn't looking for it. Thanks for that. Yoshi has ALWAYS been the sneaky one. Doesn't crow about stuff just quietly ( perhaps not the right term) gets the job done right. Pity they are often a bit heavy.
The r77 full stainless exh system is 3lbs lighter than the akro carbon

Would you forever be polishing to keep it looking good?
Correct. Never ending process

Dobeck Performance is the FZ-07.org Supporting Vendor for exhaust and stage 1 kits (exhaust and EJK tuner).

We can get you the new Yoshimura exhaust with the Works Finish headpipe. The new finish is the same price as the stainless header.
We will meet or beat any price you find out there.

Exhaust Only: Carbon $630/ Stainless $573
Stage 1 price: Carbon $830/ Stainless $773
**Shipping included within the Continental USA

Call us to place your order. 1.406.388.2377
Support your supporting vendor so we can continue to support you!

-TuningHQ

" The r77 full stainless exh system is 3lbs lighter than the akro carbon" Are you sure . The pipes always used to be a bit thicker and the Stainless cases on the mufflers were solid compared with all the others. Have they taken a new direction. The thing with Yoshi stuff has traditionally been that they work very well, and they were more robust where it mattered, so you could crash and not stuff them as easy.
The Akro is insanely light. How do they get a metal muffler to be lighter than a carbon one?

• Global Moderator
" The r77 full stainless exh system is 3lbs lighter than the akro carbon" Are you sure . The pipes always used to be a bit thicker and the Stainless cases on the mufflers were solid compared with all the others. Have they taken a new direction. The thing with Yoshi stuff has traditionally been that they work very well, and they were more robust where it mattered, so you could crash and not stuff them as easy. The Akro is insanely light. How do they get a metal muffler to be lighter than a carbon one?

My mistake
i read the chart backwards
Yoshi r77 SS 11.3lbs
yoshi r77 CF 10.7lbs
akropovic TI 13.1lbs
akropovic CF 9.9 lbs

I read the titanium stats as the carbon
my bad

Ordered one of the stage 1 kits with the `works` finish from Dobeck yesterday.  First major modification to the FZ-07 will be exciting!  

Archived