Sign in to follow this  
chickenchickendinner

water underneath seat?

chickenchickendinner
Hi all,

I washed my bike over the weekend and after drying it i decided to see if any water got underneath the seat for sh**s and giggles. It turned out water did get underneath the seat somehow. My guess is due to the seat not being placed correctly? has anyone else had this problem, if so, did you start your bike right away, did you have any issues with the bike at all? For safety reasons i didn't start my bike right away and instead dried the positive and negative terminal. Q2sG5k9 Q2sG5k9.jpg

mike6116
Did you used a high pressure gun?

I have washed mine by hand with no water issue at all, no pressure gun

norcal616
It's normal...happens all the time to me when I ride in the rain or wash it...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

chickenchickendinner
Did you used a high pressure gun? 
I have washed mine by hand with no water issue at all, no pressure gun
no pressure gun used at all. Hand washed.

chickenchickendinner
I'm assuming you haven't had any issues then? nothing out of the ordinary from an electrical/circuit point of view?

norcal616
I'm assuming you haven't had any issues then? nothing out of the ordinary from an electrical/circuit point of view?
Nope...if it was an issue Yamaha would address it

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

seega7
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I removed the snorkel "just the rubber tube, not the cover that the tube fits into" when I did an exhaust and EJK. B/f washing yesterday, I put the snorkel back in just to be safe. After washing, I rode up the street to dry it off some b/f using the leaf blower. Once both drying methods were finished, I took the seat off to pull the snorkel back out and found water where you noted and also a small amount in the bottom of the air filter box. Soaked it up with a paper towel and went riding. Man I hope no water got past the a/f when I took that short ride. Thoughts anyone ? 
  • Like 1

chickenchickendinner
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I removed the snorkel "just the rubber tube, not the cover that the tube fits into" when I did an exhaust and EJK. B/f washing yesterday, I put the snorkel back in just to be safe. After washing, I rode up the street to dry it off some b/f using the leaf blower. Once both drying methods were finished, I took the seat off to pull the snorkel back out and found water where you noted and also a small amount in the bottom of the air filter box. Soaked it up with a paper towel and went riding. Man I hope no water got past the a/f when I took that short ride. Thoughts anyone ? 
i just didn't ride after the wash haha tucked her in for a few days.

i like your bike ;)   and remove the front sides orange reflectors, will look a lot nicer!!! 

Guest Ralph
It's unlikely to cause any problems on my bike it
has a flap that bypasses the snorkel that is open
most of the time and it has been ridden in rain
of biblical proportions no problems at all,
though I would run the engine after washing just
to clear any that may be sitting in the combustion
chambers.

Beemer
If it were going to be a problem they would've made a water tight seal at the factory. You're good!  ;)

Beemer