The MT-07 Forum

2017 FZ-07

yamaha0505

Wow, so a dealership is not ordering 2016's and is choosing to wait for the 2017 models? My dealer sells 1 to 3 FZ07's a week and would rather sell a 2016 than wait 3-4 months without stock for a 2017 to land on the sales floor. That doesn't seem like the best business decision unless they just can't move FZ07's in that area. 
Where are you located?
I live in Scottsdale, AZ.  The dealership I went to is Apache Motorcycles.  
Otherwise I checked the Ride Now website and it looks like they only have 4 FZ-07s in the 5 stores located in the Phoenix area

I love my Akrapovic Carbon, hands down my favorite mod, this engine sounds so good with an exhaust. I don't feel that it's too loud at all.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• Premium Member
This is my favorite color.  How do you like the Akrapovic exhaust? Is it loud? (I don't want something too loud, I heard the M4 is really loud) Is there a difference in sound volume between the titanium and carbon? I originally wanted the carbon because I like the carbon color but I don't like how much it sticks out compared to the titanium (which has the perfect length and position for me) 
I have the Ti with baffle in, and it is not too loud at all.  It is definitely a pleasure to listen to compared to stock (deeper and a little louder), but not at all a negative attention grabber.  I love it, and think it looks like it was made for the bike more than the others I've seen.  It is invisible from a front or rear view.
Thank you. I'll most definitely go with akrapovic (not sur yet between carbon or Ti). But first I need to get the bike :D

This is my favorite color.  How do you like the Akrapovic exhaust? Is it loud? (I don't want something too loud, I heard the M4 is really loud) Is there a difference in sound volume between the titanium and carbon? I originally wanted the carbon because I like the carbon color but I don't like how much it sticks out compared to the titanium (which has the perfect length and position for me) 
Compared to the stock exhaust that is almost silent, the Akra CF pipe makes a noticeable, pleasant sound as far as exhaust sounds go. At idle it's louder than stock but not near as loud as a Harley Screaming Eagle pipe. When I leave my house I barely crack the throttle so that I slowly accelerate and shift at about 3k rpm, this is my warm up period so I go easy on it and it's fairly quiet that way. After about three blocks when it's warmed up I open the throttle some more and it's really only when you open that throttle that it starts to approach loud but not so loud that people are hating you and you bike. At cruising speed it quiets down considerably. Rev it, you get attention, maybe bad attention. There will always be the people that simply hate bikes or any noise of any kind and complain no matter what but they are the yang of yin and yang so ignore them.
According to your description it's exactly what I'm looking for!

On a side note the Snail Akra makes it sound like a Ducati which can't be a bad thing. Gotta love 90/270 degree firing pulses...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Snail? 
I have the Akra carbon and its hands down the best thing I've done to my FZ.
Snail is referring to the loop in the pipe.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Expect nothing more than possibly a new color... and, possibly slightly higher price. I cannot believe anything of significance will happen.

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

Yamaha recently announced the new model year.

New colors and ABS available as an option. No reason not to get one now .... of course for those of us who bought one before ABS was an option, I wonder if we are out of luck now?

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

AlbatrossCafe
New colors and ABS available as an option. No reason not to get one now .... of course for those of us who bought one before ABS was an option, I wonder if we are out of luck now?
I haven't done work with ABS before so I don't know how complicated it is, but I bet you will be able to buy it as an add-on kit from Yamaha at some point as it doesn't look too different from now. 
I wonder what else changed? The base MSRP is now $7,199 instead of $6900 or whatever. ABS puts it at $7,499 according to Yamaha site. Under "New for 2017" all it has is:

New ABS-Equipped Model Available For 2017, the FZ-07 offers the option of an ABS model to support the hydraulic disk braking system. The antilock braking system boosts rider confidence by preventing wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.

• Premium Member
I haven't done work with ABS before so I don't know how complicated it is, but I bet you will be able to buy it as an add-on kit from Yamaha at some point as it doesn't look too different from now. 
I wonder what else changed? The base MSRP is now $7,199 instead of $6900 or whatever. ABS puts it at $7,499 according to Yamaha site. Under "New for 2017" all it has is:

New ABS-Equipped Model Available For 2017, the FZ-07 offers the option of an ABS model to support the hydraulic disk braking system. The antilock braking system boosts rider confidence by preventing wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.

ABS and new colors (and a bump in price) are really the only changes, and the ABS will only be available in Rapid Red.

AlbatrossCafe
ABS and new colors (and a bump in price) are really the only changes, and the ABS will only be available in Rapid Red.
hmm, I wonder why the price is up $300. Oh well, at least I know I am not missing much by not upgrading! 

And no blurple frame this year.... makes mine more of a classic ;)

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

According to the Yamaha Canada site the ABS model will be available in red or blue, and the standard model will be available in blue or grey. Not sure if this is unique to Canada or not.   :-/

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• Premium Member

I'm glad I got my bike last year in march 2015, it's a rare color as yamaha only had 1 year(?) of white FZ-07, I personally don't see the need for ABS on my bike, but I'm glad at least Yamaha is now offering it as an option for the ones who do want it or they will not buy an FZ-07...

I personally think the FJ-07 will be the bike quite a few ppl are looking for...naturally the FJ-07 will be the better bike over the FZ-07 as it will have fairly improved suspension, slightly wider rear sub-frame for 2up and saddle bag duty, very good chance for ABS and Traction Control, very minimal addition of just enough fairings and windscreeen, etc...just enough small improvements to build on...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 months later...

How do they typically roll out the new models? Do they flood all the dealers with new bikes? Or do they trickle in making it hard to get one? Would I have a hard time getting one by April? Will I more than likely pay full MSRP?

Archived