The MT-07 Forum

2017 FZ-07

yamaha0505

Has anyone heard anything on the 2017? A quick search didn't turn up anything. I'm in the process of buying a fz-07 but may wait on the 2017 if it has more than "bold new graphics"

• Premium Member

I believe the 2016 model was released in September of last year so you'll probably have to wait until September for the 2017 models.

twowheeladdict

Maybe they will have an FJ-07, and/or a retro version.

I only have 100 miles on mine, but I can't think what Yamaha needs to improve.

2015 FZ-07

• Premium Member

I dont know how you could possibly wait another year before scooping up one of these swell bikes.  ;)   Buy it and enjoy it! Go!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Haven't heard anything, it may be a little too early but I doubt there will be any significant changes on the FZ-07 itself. Not on the engine anyway, it's hot already. I think they leave most 'big' changes up to the aftermarket people.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

My guess for 2017 will be different colors, and those are easy to change. I would not be able to wait half a year to find out.

• Premium Member

Only changes will be color... any other major upgrades like the suspension will raise the price by $1k bucks... the body panels can be swapped out at a later date

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator
Thanks guys, I plan on pulling the trigger on a new 2015 this weekend!
Great. Be sure to post some photos when you get it. The FZ-09 has been out one more year than the -07 and they have not done anything more than change colors on that one yet either. Why mess with a good thing? 

Thanks guys, I plan on pulling the trigger on a new 2015 this weekend!
You go (boy/girl???) :P  person! If you like torquey you're gonna love it!

Beemer

It's going to be completely different than the 2011 R6 that I had. I'm looking forward to the torque and upright seating position. I also have a Honda grom that I am keeping, two different bikes for two different days.

• Premium Member

You will enjoy it...I know I did...used to own a 636 ninja years ago.. then went to dirt bikes...now the fz-07 to me is like riding a glorified yz450f dirt bike that's road legal...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 months later...

Any one has heard anything about the 2017 model? I'm mostly interested in the colors. 
I don't like the colors of the 2016 that much (except for the black one although it's a little too much black to my liking) so I'm thinking of getting a 2015 or 2017 (depending on how good the new colors are).
Also, I don't mind waiting for September as it gets over 100°F every single day during summer here in Phoenix, so I probably won't ride it too much in July/August

designslucid

If I could have bought the '15 white edition, I would have. However, the highlighter edition is fairly rare around my parts.

If I could have bought the '15 white edition, I would have. However, the highlighter edition is fairly rare around my parts.
My bill for the white pieces was $150.

My bill for the white pieces was $150.
This!  
I just bought a 2016 Raven Black, got the white pieces purchased/installed by the dealer since I really wanted a white FZ07. The plastics were super cheap in comparison to most bikes on the market these days. 

IMG_20160508_142824341_zps92zrtyjp.jpg

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

They seem to be rare around these parts too, I didn't think I would like them, but now I think it or the silver will be my next fz unless I can find a graphite one left over.  All these used bikes on CL around here are MSRP or above.

They seem to be rare around these parts too, I didn't think I would like them, but now I think it or the silver will be my next fz unless I can find a graphite one left over.  All these used bikes on CL around here are MSRP or above.
I would love graphite but they only have it in Europe I believe.  
In the US the colors for 2015 were:
- Black/purple accent
- White
- Red

In the US the colors for 2016 were:
- Black
- Silver/ blue accent
- Grey/neon green accent

Did i get this right?

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
- Black/purple accent
- White
- Red

- Black
- Silver/ blue accent
- Grey/neon green accent

Did i get this right?
The only thing not right is the 2015 Black/purple, it should be 2015 Liquid graphite/purple (blurple).

- Black/purple accent
- White
- Red

- Black
- Silver/ blue accent
- Grey/neon green accent

Did i get this right?

You were close, I had a 15 graphite and blurple, love the color scheme so I'm still looking.

- Black/purple accent
- White
- Red

- Black
- Silver/ blue accent
- Grey/neon green accent

Did i get this right?
The only thing not right is the 2015 Black/purple, it should be 2015 Liquid graphite/purple (blurple).

- Black/purple accent
- White
- Red

- Black
- Silver/ blue accent
- Grey/neon green accent

Did i get this right?
You were close, I had a 15 graphite and blurple, love the color scheme so I'm still looking.
Even better :D

Looking at pictures and videos I've always thought it was black. But I love the graphite way more

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the local dealer today, ready to purchase a brand new FZ-07. The salesman told me they didn't have any (nor did their 3 stores in the state) and they won't get any 2016. They're waiting for the 2017 model.
He told me Yamaha hasn't announced it yet but should come out in August.

I checked online and found that both the 2015 and 2016 models were announced on June 4th (respectively in 2014 and in 2015).

Hopefully Yamaha will announce the new model soon

Wow, so a dealership is not ordering 2016's and is choosing to wait for the 2017 models? My dealer sells 1 to 3 FZ07's a week and would rather sell a 2016 than wait 3-4 months without stock for a 2017 to land on the sales floor. That doesn't seem like the best business decision unless they just can't move FZ07's in that area.

Where are you located?

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Archived