The MT-07 Forum

More power!!!

cdean911

If you are wanting more power because you had a ride on a GSX-1300R Hayabusa, there is nothing you can buy for your FZ-07 to satisfy your want for more.

What you felt was 1,300 cc of torque, something that your FZ-07 will never produce no matter what you buy for it.
So, my advice it to either continue to ride the FZ-07 and get some experience riding a motorcycle (since you are a novice rider), or consider another motorcycle.
Going by my own experience and that of other riders I have known, I'd spend at least one year learning to ride on what you have now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, before you put performance parts on a bike there should be a performance rider to go on it as well and with only 3.5 weeks of riding experience you ain't that rider. :P  Sorry! I get the feeling you're an adrenaline junkie and fear you're going to have a bad accident. If you want to go fast right now you really should just drive a fast car that offers some protection. If you're trolling to get a woodie I guess I'm too late. BTW, when those people said it would go 120 + mph they didn't mean in the quarter mile, they meant top end and it takes much more than a 1/4 ml. to reach it. If you hit 115 in the quarter I would be amazed so I don't believe you've went that fast on this bike unless you have some proof. Show us pics of your time ticket or video or else tell us a believable story, thank you.

First off I don't have to show you Shet I didn't ask for you to believe me, I never said I did 120 in the 1/4 mile if uoi really must know I did it on the 4 lane highway so F@[HASH]K off with you bullshet this is a site to ask for help and not to hear other people bitching,
"I took my fz07 to the drag strip and hit 119-122" 
My bad, 122 mph. @ the drag strip.

Beemer

Simple solution....put the biggest sprocket you can find on the rear. You will be The Wheelie King. Also, every time you drag race someone from a stop light you will crush them off the line while looking like a badass on one wheel... However, after the epic initial launch they will blow by you but at least you looked cool in the first 10 ft.

• Premium Member

If anything, trade it up for an FZ09. It's not a peregrine falcon but it's much closer than the 07 for not much more loot.

Everything went braap.

Just don't look at your '09 from behind....it's a bit 'aesthetically challenged' in that way.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Honestly, the FZ07 is dead even with a newer ZX6R up to about 70mph, this is with my buddy burning the hell out of his clutch to try and hold on to me as I leapfrog in first gear. My pull is negated on the 1-2 shift, and then he passes by in my 3rd gear. This is more than fast enough for street usage. High speed stability is not this bike's forte, better to have a liter bike on the side for that stuff.

• Premium Member

OP so you want more power for the drag strip? If so define HP? Do you want 5hp, 10hp more than you have now? If you want Busa hp then buy a Busa. Do you want more top end or better power at take off?

@cdean911 have you ever heard of the prm mod for these bikes? Its supposed to add like double the horsepower ;)

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

• 1 month later...
wangshin248

hey guys, if we unlock the ECU, that mean we can reach over 125 mph ? I notice that my bike stop at 125mph, and it's not on a red line.

AlbatrossCafe
hey guys, if we unlock the ECU, that mean we can reach over 125 mph ? I notice that my bike stop at 125mph, and it's not on a red line.
It is not limited by ECU. It is limited there even though it is not redlining because of drag.  

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
You could always hook a hairdryer up to the airbix for a lil " turbo" boost ..
Oh man, this is still making me laugh!  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
You could always hook a hairdryer up to the airbix for a lil " turbo" boost ..
It worked great until I got to the end of the extension cord. 

• Premium Member
A bike for "stunting" and a bike for drag racing are two totally different machines and it's not possible to have one that is good at both, it's one or the other when it comes to that. Unless you can figure out how to stunt a stretched GSXR lol.
Is driving a stretched GSXR off a pier and into the ocean a stunt or just a bad move?  ;)
Depends on who's paying. 

It worked great until I got to the end of the extension cord. 
Stop. You're killing me.

• 2 weeks later...
I think we have been trolled. No one with only 450 miles of motorcycle riding would need anything more than this bike, in fact I would contend the FZ-07 was too much bike.

A couple days ago I went for a ride with a couple buddies. My first real ride on my FZ 07. It has more than enough to get into a lot of trouble in a hurry. I thought my FZ6-S2 had a slight wild streak to it, but I was wrong. Personally I would not have gotten a FZ 07 as a first bike. Then again, I debated the XSR900 and the FZ 07 and decided that i was not "mature" enough for the 900 yet.

The FZ07 is my first bike and I understand what you're saying about more power. I've had this bike since October and clocked 2000 miles on it. Honestly, there are days when I want to trade it in for something bigger. The FZ07 has great acceleration off the line but it doesn't have a lot of power on the top end.

However, since we are pretty new to riding, I think as we become more experienced, we will begin to unlock more of the bike's potential which should keep us happy for a while.

Also, as another member stated previously, no matter what you do to this bike, it will never feel like a Hayabusa. They're 2 totally different animals.

bigdaddybane
The FZ07 is my first bike and I understand what you're saying about more power. I've had this bike since October and clocked 2000 miles on it. Honestly, there are days when I want to trade it in for something bigger. The FZ07 has great acceleration off the line but it doesn't have a lot of power on the top end.  
However, since we are pretty new to riding, I think as we become more experienced, we will begin to unlock more of the bike's potential which should keep us happy for a while.

Also, as another member stated previously, no matter what you do to this bike, it will never feel like a Hayabusa. They're 2 totally different animals.

In the first few months or a year, new riders tend to be conscious, careful and somewhat paranoid. For most part, this keeps them out of trouble. From my long riding experience, accidents starting to happen as soon as a "new experienced" rider builds that strong confidence and try to explore more of the bike's potentials. I think FZ-07 is a bike that could be "studied" and enjoyed for a very long time ... speed is just one of them. 

Archived