The MT-07 Forum

More power!!!

cdean911

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Totes! This is my first bike too! Im at 600+ km riding experience. Yeah I agree dude, its pretty wimpy 'topping out' where it does. Feel Im almost ready for a liter bike, prolly when I hit 1000 km; besides that tier is where all the chicks are at.

My bike and I never leave the garage without my flip flops, camo cargo shorts, my old BMX knee pads for those sick high-g corners, my lucky t-shirt, and of course my 2nd hand helmet I scored way dirt cheap at the flea market. Dope set-up!

You dont need performance parts man, you just need to go faster and harder on the throttle, no matter how short those stretches of road are. Maximize dude!

We should totally ride together.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
my 2nd hand helmet I scored way dirt cheap at the flea market. 
your helmet is one amazing helmet... that thing sweats the scent of sex!

• Premium Member
my 2nd hand helmet I scored way dirt cheap at the flea market. 
your helmet is one amazing helmet... that thing sweats the scent of sex!
...if you only knew my friend, if you only knew. ;) 
I respect your helpful patient nature. Alas, I have non.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

You could always hook a hairdryer up to the airbix for a lil " turbo" boost ..

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
You could always hook a hairdryer up to the airbix for a lil " turbo" boost ..
 ..aaaand @norcal616 wins the thread! This made me laugh! Damn thats good. Thanks man!  

So, just to be sure, you are saying this is your first bike, so you have only been riding for a grand total of 3 and a half weeks, yet you feel the need to go 150 MPH? On a drag strip or track?
I don't need to fly down the high way at 150 at all but I would just like more power, I want to start racing on the strip and doing a little stunting,
There's an old saying... much more fun to be fast on a slow bike than slow on a fast bike. Personally the thing that really give me a boner is creaming a $20K bimmer RR coming out of a corner... priceless! LOL

For the stunning part... FZ07 doesn't get any better than that!
f1f904971133e5b923c47e74c118cf02.jpg

Sooo... You want to stunt... AAAANNNDDD drag race?! That's both sides of the spectrum. How are you gunna drag race a bike set up for stunting?! And vise versa?! I think you need to pull up your chair and spend a day on YouTube. "I want to take my Ferrari mudding MA!" :confused:
But considering your not to savvy on the word "trolling", I'm pretty sure you haven't looked up both stunt and drag bike set ups on the ol Google machine.
8459a2c570cb524e7eb0abd2d6c28013.jpg

Honestly, before you put performance parts on a bike there should be a performance rider to go on it as well and with only 3.5 weeks of riding experience you ain't that rider. :P  Sorry! I get the feeling you're an adrenaline junkie and fear you're going to have a bad accident. If you want to go fast right now you really should just drive a fast car that offers some protection. If you're trolling to get a woodie I guess I'm too late.
BTW, when those people said it would go 120 + mph they didn't mean in the quarter mile, they meant top end and it takes much more than a 1/4 ml. to reach it. If you hit 115 in the quarter I would be amazed so I don't believe you've went that fast on this bike unless you have some proof. Show us pics of your time ticket or video or else tell us a believable story, thank you.

Beemer

A bike for "stunting" and a bike for drag racing are two totally different machines and it's not possible to have one that is good at both, it's one or the other when it comes to that. Unless you can figure out how to stunt a stretched GSXR lol.

A bike for "stunting" and a bike for drag racing are two totally different machines and it's not possible to have one that is good at both, it's one or the other when it comes to that. Unless you can figure out how to stunt a stretched GSXR lol.
Is driving a stretched GSXR off a pier and into the ocean a stunt or just a bad move?  ;)

Beemer

I wouldn't mind seeing a drag bike trying to stunt. I'd "thumbs up" that video on the YouTube.

• Premium Member
Go buy a Gixer and wear no gear.
LOL, I resent that. I just bought a Gixxer and plan to wear my gear always. In fact, I asked for a new jacket for my birthday. :P 

No i am not "trolling" ( sounds like a word my 3 year old daughter uses) I'm asking questions because the only dumb question is a unasked question so if you would like to help thank you very much if not please take you b*tch*ng and "trolling" words somewhere else
Hey can I ask a "dumb" question? Yup, better then anyone I know! LOL............

• Premium Member
Go buy a Gixer and wear no gear.
LOL, I resent that. I just bought a Gixxer and plan to wear my gear always. In fact, I asked for a new jacket for my birthday. :P
I think its the law in every state that you can only wear shorts and sandals if you get a Gixer.  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

I understand what he's saying to a degree, though this isn't my first bike by a long shot. I guess I've always been more at home on a sport bike, not because they go ridiculously fast, but because of the aggressive stance. I like feeling like a fighter pilot, all geared up and hunched over like I'm a cheetah charging after an antelope.

However, I've got 20K+ miles under my belt. I don't generally recommend a sport bike as a first bike because the temptation to do something really stupid is very high. All you have to do is twist your wrist to WOT and you're in deep trouble. At least on the FZ-07, that's really only a problem in gears 1 and 2 when the propensity to flip the bike is higher.

• Premium Member
I think its the law in every state that you can only wear shorts and sandals if you get a Gixer.
Guess I've got some shopping to do then, lol. Wouldn't want to break the law now, would we? 

I understand what he's saying to a degree, though this isn't my first bike by a long shot. I guess I've always been more at home on a sport bike, not because they go ridiculously fast, but because of the aggressive stance. I like feeling like a fighter pilot, all geared up and hunched over like I'm a cheetah charging after an antelope.  
However, I've got 20K+ miles under my belt. I don't generally recommend a sport bike as a first bike because the temptation to do something really stupid is very high. All you have to do is twist your wrist to WOT and you're in deep trouble. At least on the FZ-07, that's really only a problem in gears 1 and 2 when the propensity to flip the bike is higher.
I been ridding for 12 years, my first bike was an R1, and i still got her ☺

Honestly, before you put performance parts on a bike there should be a performance rider to go on it as well and with only 3.5 weeks of riding experience you ain't that rider. :P  Sorry! I get the feeling you're an adrenaline junkie and fear you're going to have a bad accident. If you want to go fast right now you really should just drive a fast car that offers some protection. If you're trolling to get a woodie I guess I'm too late. BTW, when those people said it would go 120 + mph they didn't mean in the quarter mile, they meant top end and it takes much more than a 1/4 ml. to reach it. If you hit 115 in the quarter I would be amazed so I don't believe you've went that fast on this bike unless you have some proof. Show us pics of your time ticket or video or else tell us a believable story, thank you.

First off I don't have to show you shit I didn't ask for you to believe me, I never said I did 120 in the 1/4 mile if uoi really must know I did it on the 4 lane highway so fuck off with you bullshit this is a site to ask for help and not to hear other people bitching,

• Premium Member
First off I don't have to show you Shet I didn't ask for you to believe me, I never said I did 120 in the 1/4 mile if uoi really must know I did it on the 4 lane highway so F@#K off with you bullshet this is a site to ask for help and not to hear other people bitching,
if you're here and want advice, it would help to stop complaining yourself and insulting the members who have been here much longer than you have.

First off I don't have to show you Shet I didn't ask for you to believe me, I never said I did 120 in the 1/4 mile if uoi really must know I did it on the 4 lane highway so F@#K off with you bullshet this is a site to ask for help and not to hear other people bitching,
if you're here and want advice, it would help to stop complaining yourself and insulting the members who have been here much longer than you have.

Your right, my fault

Plain and simple...we are not another form encouraging you to make mistakes. All members here care about your well-being and hopefully you take the wise riders advice on here. Get to learn your limits then the bike (FZ) before upgrading. It is crucial having self control with much bigger bikers such as 600cc+ engines.

Archived