The MT-07 Forum

More power!!!

cdean911

I've had my fz07 for about 3.5 weeks now, it's my first bike and I love it.. I debated on a ninja 600 and this one but felt more comfortable being my first bike I've ever rode but now that I am 450 mile into it, I need more power, speed, and torque, it only tops out at 120, I figured a 600 would at least push 140-150 but I'm new so my mistake but what are some performance parts I can put on to give it some more go go.. Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

So, just to be sure, you are saying this is your first bike, so you have only been riding for a grand total of 3 and a half weeks, yet you feel the need to go 150 MPH? On a drag strip or track?

I pound 55K miles on my FZ6R and glad I did. After taking a long brake of riding, I glad I got back on the saddle on a bike that is easy to manage and not to get over your head. I've been riding since I'm 6 yo... I could have bought a R1 and take it easy the first few weeks and been ok.

Don't take it personal Mate... most of us care. Keep your ride for at least a year and clock 10-15K miles on it then do an upgrade of you want. None of us want you to be a statistics.

what are some performance parts I can put on to give it some more go go.. Thanks
YZF-R1, GSXR 750, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, S1000RR. Take you pick.

If you are actually new, you have the wrong attitude towards speed and have purchased the wrong motorcycle.

If you are trolling 9/10.

• Premium Member

I have 2 bikes one is faster but not more fun. Learn how to ride safe if you need to go faster take the FZ to road track and see if you can hang. No need to ask us for advice put on your big boy pants and get a faster bike.

I had the need too and someone told me almost the same thing as above so man up ....

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Global Moderator

I think we have been trolled. No one with only 450 miles of motorcycle riding would need anything more than this bike, in fact I would contend the FZ-07 was too much bike.

• Global Moderator

300 mph, @albatrosscafe? You should have been able to do 450 :)

Hopefully the OP was trolling and has not hurt himself already.

I bought the bike because I'd difnt wanna get to big of a bike for my first one I enjoy it its a lot of fun, but I rode a busa last week and love the power and speed of it, no I don't see a need to do 170 but I would like to do a little more, I took my fz07 to the drag strip and hit 119-122, that's all I've read that it will do also, if anyone could help and not just bitch and wine that would be great and I understand you don't want me to be a satistic thank you for your concern

No i am not "trolling" ( sounds like a word my 3 year old daughter uses) I'm asking questions because the only dumb question is a unasked question so if you would like to help thank you very much if not please take you b*tch*ng and "trolling" words somewhere else

So, just to be sure, you are saying this is your first bike, so you have only been riding for a grand total of 3 and a half weeks, yet you feel the need to go 150 MPH? On a drag strip or track?

I don't need to fly down the high way at 150 at all but I would just like more power, I want to start racing on the strip and doing a little stunting,

• Premium Member

@cdean911 - you just never know who is posting these questions and people here are usually mature and just trying to be cautious. We don't want to encourage at 18 year old to go 150 mph on the highway with no experience. No offense, buddy.

@cdean911 - you just never know who is posting these questions and people here are usually mature and just trying to be cautious. We don't want to encourage at 18 year old to go 150 mph on the highway with no experience. No offense, buddy.

I understand none wants anyone getting hurt but I'm not trying to do 150 down the high way I just want more power in my bike, I'm 23 and want to get into racing

• Premium Member

Alright. I'm sure you'll get some suggestions soon from people. Just be nice to them.

I don't race but there are a good amount of people here who know a lot.

@i2837856393" "]Alright. I'm sure you'll get some suggestions soon from people. Just be nice to them.

I don't race but there are a good amount of people here who know a lot.

Thanks man I appricate it!!

Archived