Sign in to follow this  
jeffkisthename

Jacking points

jeffkisthename
So, I'm going to be replacing the tires on both my wheels and was wondering if a piece of wood under the oil pan would suffice? How are you guys jacking the bike up?054e16812645b52564c579343156c4e1.jpg
  • Like 1

SigSide.jpg

sorkyah
So, I'm going to be replacing the tires on both my wheels and was wondering if a piece of wood under the oil pan would suffice? How are you guys jacking the bike up?054e16812645b52564c579343156c4e1.jpg
It will temporarily
i used a service jack under the oil pan to lift the front tire off the ground, and used a set of jack stands on the frame sliders to hold it suspended
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

jeffkisthename
Thanks @sorkyah. I will do that.

SigSide.jpg

slow06er
cd2e97a063c2939e288f50e675d04e92.jpg
You should Invest in a front & rear jack to left the bike, it is a stable jack, and make your life easy.
  • Like 1

jeffkisthename
cd2e97a063c2939e288f50e675d04e92.jpg You should Invest in a front & rear jack to left the bike, it is a stable jack, and make your life easy.
Yeah, I need those, I may just bring my bike in this one time, and then buy the necessary tools next time. I really hate taking any of my vehicles in if I am able to do the work myself. Oh well.

SigSide.jpg