Sign in to follow this  
caliesv

Rear foot peg delete bolt caps.

caliesv
I never knew a $5 fix would complete me so much. :D:P

So I saw a post about someone using auto body panel retainers for the mirror hole. So I figured, hell , why not try it on the rear foot pegs I took out. So here are some pics of what they look like. I'm VERY pleased on how they look and worked out for $5!!

bc53ceef479f8399377c39916ce4f094.jpgc18672615a0e43dc9b38dae545c596cd.jpg7c5cee4f932aa2065731536be2577787.jpge48d975cc1f9ce4424e36368953e1797.jpgb66f88cc39bf9d41c25086a7384e8b0a.jpg785b79c81051b993becfd36ec3e3bd0c.jpg2727db3f9eded4e814798c5fbffc18cd.jpg

Picked mine up at Pepboys.

• Like 9

rowdy
I bought some stupid anodized bolts and washers to fill the holes. Your plugs look just as good though!

Why can't left turners see us?

caliesv
I picked up some bolts at home depot, then... Put them back. Then went to Pepboys lol. But yeah, has more of a finished look to me.

ravenlord
What did you end up attaching your rear brake res to? and I am assuming you haven't lost any brake feel or performance.

caliesv
What did you end up attaching your rear brake res to? and I am assuming you haven't lost any brake feel or performance.
Vagabond Motorsports VM-Y702 Yamaha FZ-07 Rear Brake Reservoir Relocation Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PPQE1OA/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_V3NYwbJ71CVKY

Vagabond actually gave it to me for free. I ordered their fender Eliminator from Amazon and it showed up completely thrashed. Not only did they replace it, and give me another one, but they gave me the brake relocation mount for free. I haven't had any brake issues at all.

2270336199cbbf7cd09fa232f6f2d6b3.jpg
  • Like 3

rowdy
I have the vagabond kit too and it works great.

sorkyah
some Ace hardware stores have black chrome hardware
i tried em out.... but didnt like the look
Gonna use the trim trees
If you have the blurple frame they match the graphite quite well

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

seega7
Looks good. I put the money out on the Evotech performance plates that incorporate the reservoir holder, but I like this as well. Question: I see you also have the Akropovic carbon, Is yours raspy sounding when you rev it ? I like the sound at idle and while going through the gears but when I rev it in neutral it doesn't sound quite right.
  • Like 1

caliesv
Thanks. And I've noticed if I keep lower rpms, I can keep the deep sound we all like. It gets a little raspy higher rpms, and and also when it's colder outside. I mean like high 40s.f. But over all, I'm happy with the exhaust.

Simbadc650
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ill have to stop by autozone and check for these.
VAGABOND since day 1...

• Like 1

caliesv
Yeah! They are very customer orientated! They made sure I was very well taken care of! Just ordered frame sliders from them Sunday too

tomh
Thanks for posting this. I actually have the same two Vagabond kits and the same color bike. They are really good parts for money. I was wondering what I was going to use to fill those holes. Good idea!

tomh
  • Like 1

booboobusfz07
Sato racing also makes hooks that replace the pegs

bigity
Thanks for the great idea! I really like this idea, but I take my foot pegs on and off a few times a month for a passenger. I almost bought these caps but then I realize that I would wear them out if I was trying to remove them over and over with pliers.

I'm buying black cap bolts. Just in case others wanted to as well, the bolts are M8 1.25mm thread pitch.
  • Like 2

manny826

Thanks for the great idea! I really like this idea, but I take my foot pegs on and off a few times a month for a passenger. I almost bought these caps but then I realize that I would wear them out if I was trying to remove them over and over with pliers. 
I'm buying black cap bolts. Just in case others wanted to as well, the bolts are M8 1.25mm thread pitch.

Oh thanks for the bolt size. I'm waiting on me brake fluid bracket to remove my pegs since I'm still a new rider and don't want any passengers yet
  • Like 1

Beemer
Yeah! They ate very customer orientated! They made sure I was very well taken care of! Just ordered frame sliders from them Sunday too
What kind of sliders did you get? Most are expensive so I always have an eye out for some cheaper (quality) ones.

Beemer

caliesv
@beemer Vagabond Sliders. They are like $90. But it's one of the only Sliders I can find that don't interfere with the actual mounting bolts for the engine. They slide into the cut out and use the existing drain hole for a bolt to hold them in.

• Like 1

bigity

Oh thanks for the bolt size. I'm waiting on me brake fluid bracket to remove my pegs since I'm still a new rider and don't want any passengers yet
No sweat broski :) I actually just bought a bolt size and pitch gauge just to start replacing some of the bolts on the FX with black button heads. I can't stand all of the shiny bolts on the black body parts. The four above the headlight drive me bonkers. 
And, anyway, your bike looks so much better without the passenger pegs. That big booty sticking out there :)
  • Like 1

manny826

No sweat broski :) I actually just bought a bolt size and pitch gauge just to start replacing some of the bolts on the FX with black button heads. I can't stand all of the shiny bolts on the black body parts. The four above the headlight drive me bonkers. 
And, anyway, your bike looks so much better without the passenger pegs. That big booty sticking out there :)

Yea it does. Just got done doing it few hours ago416de0a6095b9cad37ee6b4b7baad7f8.jpg
  • Like 1

bigity

Yea it does. Just got done doing it few hours ago416de0a6095b9cad37ee6b4b7baad7f8.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuh! Love it all murdered out! Nice.

aaron
Did you guys need to shorten the brake hose with the Vagabond kit?

caliesv
I didn't, but I eventually want to. I just made sure it was secured with zip ties.

rowdy
I didn't either, and it really didn't seem necessary. I might eventually swap out to braided anyway.

sorkyah
no change in length, yet...
going the same route as rowdy and swapping over to braided sometime in the future.

still trying to decide whether to get a stock replacement kit or build my own from a local plumbing shop

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.