Sign in to follow this  
dentalprodigy

First motorcycle & new member

dentalprodigy
Hi everyone,

Just had @scordiaboy515's bike delivered yesterday.  Amazing and painless experience purchasing my 1st bike ever.  Just wanted to introduce myself and say how excited I am to join the club.  I'm 25 years old and live in South Jersey, New Jersey.  I have no experience riding motorcycles other than very brief experience with ATV's back in the days when I was in my teens.  Although my MSF is scheduled for the middle of March, I just couldn't say no to this deal.  

I rode my first 17 miles today on my FZ-07, nicknamed "HAWK".  Did our first fuel fillup today which was exciting.  The bike is loud and sounds amazing.  This will sound cheesy but already in my short ride, I got 2 friendly waves from 2 Harley riders,  thumbs up from a bunch of kids on their bicycles, waved at from some random soccer mom in a Honda Odyssey.  What an amazing feeling.  Looking forward to getting advice from seasoned riders here and maybe contributing my experiences as a beginner rider.  Here are some obligatory pics... 

http://imgur.com/a/7LwST

Feel free to share advice, opinions on my next task of buying motorcycle specific boots.  My budget is ~100 (I have $20 revzilla cash).  I was considering Alpinestar's SMX-1 boot but the Philly Revzilla boutique store doesn't have any in stock.  

• Like 3

hippiebikerchick
Welcome! You got a good bike and I'm glad you're taking the msf course next month. (Keep an open mind and pay attention) You've also discovered that you've joined a very elite and cool club!   8-)
  • Like 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

Eastern Kayaker
Welcome! I see you purchased your new ride from a forum member. It has some nice mods on it. Congratulations and be safe out there, remember ATGATT.
  • Like 1