The MT-07 Forum

Has anyone changed out their gas cap?

caliesv

Am I the only one completely irritated about the stock gas cap and the tight space I have to fill up the bike?! It's so far forward compared to my R1.

I been looking into the Driven halos or the Vortex.

But one review said his bike was in the rain and the gas tank filled with water?! This really put me off about changing it.

Anyways, has anyone had any luck with this?

I know what you mean, at first I thought that if the cap flipped forward instead of backwards (have to maneuver the nozzle around it) that filling the tank would be easier but I've grown accustomed to it. For me, putting my boots on is more of a pain. (dat gut, lol!)  ;)

Beemer

Ha! But yeah, it's going to be something to get use to, but if I can swap it out for something less annoying, I might give it a shot.

I have a blue theme going on so I might try a blue one of these myself. Granted, you can't lock it but it would be less annoying. I hope that helps! ☼

http://www.amazon.com/POWTEC-Release-Billet-Keyless-2010-2012-Gold/dp/B00WJ7JKMQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456078378&sr=8-1-fkmr3&keywords=gas+cap+fz-07+MT-07

Beemer

Interesting find! Yeah, the whole lock unlock thing. I thought hard about it. And why lock it? I highly doubt someone will take the time to siphon 3 gallons of gas. And as far as people messing with your fuel, there are plenty of things on the bike to mess with if someone wanted to. Brake lines, oil, coolant, etc. So I think not having to unlock it out weighs the benefits of messing around with the key personally. If u get one, let us know how it worked out!

I was also thinking of getting a different gas door. But then I'd have to find a place to put the cap since its not connected. I usually fill up while sitting so if I'd hate to drop it.

I was thinking about that too. Maybe a small patch of velcro, small magnet, or a lanyard of some type? Or in my pocket? Lol

I was also thinking of getting a different gas door. But then I'd have to find a place to put the cap since its not connected. I usually fill up while sitting so if I'd hate to drop it.
I bought a glasses clip and mounted it on my handle bars to hold my night time safety glasses but maybe it would work to hold a cap also. It's cheap so no big $$$ loss if it doesn't. 

[attachment id=1412" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

Archived