The MT-07 Forum

Show me your turn signals!

aaron

hugson2wheels

You don't need the aluminum adapters (the full kit just comes with them) . I reused the stock rubber mounts with the stock plastic plates that twist on and off. I didn't run the new wire just soldered the new signals in place. **I used the stock rubber mounts to absorb road vibrations so the LEDs last longer instead of being subjected to constant vibration.**

PS sorry for the late response 

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

• Premium Member

I run MotoDynamic Front and rear. I was actually the test bike for the fronts. Love the look, but the fronts could be brighter.

y_15fz07_s_2_1.jpg

ft_14yfz0709_2.jpg

ft_14yfz0709_1.jpg

ft_14yfz0709_3.jpg

• Like 2

'16 FZ07

• 5 weeks later...
tejascruzer

I went with the Yamaha Euro LED's front and rear along with the TST Industries smoked Integrated Tail, flasher relay, and wiring harnesses.  I wanted separate signals in the back so the TST tail is set for brakes and running lights only but it's nice to have the option if I change my mind later. Everything was plug-n-play and super easy to install. I did some cutting and soldering for the fronts because, between the signals and the wiring harnesses, there was way too much wire to pack behind the headlight.
IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

unlimited image hosting

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
That link didn't work for me so I'm not sure. It's like a $7 sheet at Home Depot. I didn't glue because it's not a final setup that I want. When I figure out everything perfectly I will be posting a how to video to my YouTube channel.
Did you ever post this? Would be very interested to see what you did.

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

My bike came with flush mounted indicators up front when I bought it, but I find them a bit silly. They remind me of car indicators mounted to the side of the fenders, and are IMNSHO totally out of place and style on a motorcycle. So I fitted my stock, clear-lensed indicators in short order. I think they look better and in addition offer more functionality/safety.

Not that the stock items cannot be improved upon, but they do not annoy me in any way either, so they will stay.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hated the pumpkin turn signals and wanted to get some sort of flush mounted turn signal with DRL. I previously had an R3 with the TST GTR Halo LEDs and they looked great and were bright. I expected the same thing with their FZ 07 LEDs, but was really disappointed.

The TST FZ07 LEDs felt a lot cheaper compared to the R3 kit and they were so dim that they were barely visible during the day. I wasn't entirely sure someone from the front could tell which way I was signalling during the day. Looking through this thread, I thought I would try the Proton LEDs...they're much more expensive, but I really hated the brightness of the TST LEDs and the shape of the stock turn signals.

Since I was swapping it out, I figured I'd snap a few photos and record some videos of them with one Proton LED and one TST LED and then some of the finished installation!

Both_Proton_LEDs_1.jpg

Both_Proton_LEDs_2.jpg

Both_TST_LEDs_1.jpg

Both_TST_LEDs_2.jpg

Proton_vs_TST_1.jpg

Proton_vs_TST_2.jpg

Proton_vs_TST_3.jpg

And here's some quick videos of both LEDs

If anyone wants a used set of TST LEDs + harnesses, let me know :)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Musical Motorist
And here's some quick videos of both LEDs 

If anyone wants a used set of TST LEDs + harnesses, let me know :)
Those protons are the best!! I sport them myself front AND back! ^_^

• Premium Member

Flush mount front signals, LED front blinkers, and integrated rear tail light.c595b6c6b388ba168958e03c6bf36044.jpg6c82167b7d6d79590b822ba967c49eac.jpgfd32094be8d14f0f790236015ae60cab.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Hi Aaron  
Not sure of your laws over there and if you need DRL'S or not, im running Rizoma Graffio turns signals and very happy with them, super bright but yet small and subtle. Plug straight into oem connectors no wire cutting.

2nc1oap.jpg

2lizaz6.jpg

wthulc.jpg

How is that white Ermax undertail?  Been kicking that idea around but I want to spend more time riding and less time cleaning.

Does that gas tank mt-07 act as a gripping surface too? 

• Premium Member

So after 9 months, the DRL's I purchased off E-bay - one of the DRL's has gone out. The turn signal still works, but not the DRL.

Not that big of an issue, though I purchased them primarily to be DRL's... but glad I didn't spend a fortune on a pair that would go out so soon.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

IMG_1766.jpg

Just got the Kellermann Micro Rhombus PL lights for the front. These are 3-wire turn signals with DRL. Beautiful.

• Like 1

How is that white Ermax undertail?  Been kicking that idea around but I want to spend more time riding and less time cleaning.

Its White and it gets dirty. Really dirty, Had it for a while now and also has a few stone chips, but i still love it. 

Does that gas tank mt-07 act as a gripping surface too? 

Yes 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a complete list of parts to replace the large and ugly stock Yamaha turn signals. Total cost is $57.90 though you could substitute any turn signals you like.

Speedmetal Short Stalk Turn Signals, pair, 3-wire 10W/5W ($11.99)

https://www.cyclegear.com/parts/speedmetal-short-stalk-turn-signals

Note: Red=ground, Black=running light, Black/white stripe=Turn signal. The wires are a little short for the rears so you MIGHT need to extend them a few inches (depending on your fender eliminator kit). The stock bulbs are 21W/5W. Even with only 10W, these turn signals seem plenty bright enough to me even in bright sun but the load isn't enough to prevent hyperflash so you'll need ONE of the $10-11 relays below.

Replace the generic bullet connector wire ends with these OEM-style connectors:

3-pin Nippon Tanshi .040 Female Turn Signal Connector (4x $2.25 plus $3.98 shipping)

- 2x Item# NT040-3 Blk Female

- 2x Item# NT040-3 Gray Female

http://www.cycleterminal.com/nt040-yamaha.html

Note: You can use 4x gray connectors (color for left side) or 4x black ones (color for right side) or 2x of each color for left/right as OEM. They call it a "female" connector because the three INTERIOR connectors are female even though they combine together into a male connector. These connectors then fit into the female sockets on your bike with male pins INSIDE. That's a little confusing.

Yamaha Turn Signal Adapter Spacers for Aftermarket In Hole Stalk Type Indicators ($9.95 - shipped)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391515942054

Plug-in Turn Signal LED Relay (FZ-07, choose any one of these options):

- LUYED 2-Pin LED Electronic Flasher Relay ($9.99)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZI7UAO

- Yosoo 2 Pin 12V Auto motorcycle LED Turn Indicator Light Flasher Relay ($9.99)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CJ5SVXQ

- iJDMTOY (1) 2-Pin Electronic LED Flasher Relay ($10.99)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM26LXO

Jake TheGardenSnake - FZ-07 Turn Signal LED Relay (How-To video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_91f1sqDX8

FZ07_turn_signals_front-sm.jpg

FZ07_turn_signals_rear-sm.jpg

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen this configuration on here yet. I thought I'd share. 

Tail light is CustomLED

Side lights are HighTechSpeed X-arc

I know it seems silly to have an integrated tail light and turn signals, but it's about safety for me. Side lights are markers, brake lights, and turn signals. The effect is amazing. Can't miss this bike from behind.

20171013_172410-600x1067.jpg

20171013_172357-600x1067.jpg

• Like 4

That's what I want to do eventually as well. LED rear signals AND the integrated LED tail light. 

Personally I'm not a fan of the flush mount fronts but do want some units that have the DRL feature.

Looks good mick97702!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Werewolf said:

Link no longer exists. Can anyone tell me what this rear light under the seat is?

5ffeafeae8c8bdcb638bfd88da146a13.jpg

I believe that was a custom LED project.  The LED's were placed & hot glued? individually into the scoop and wired / soldered afterwards for operation.  I just did a similar style project, but with readily available parts.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Try this - 

A lot of the pictures have fallen off, but if you go thru the thread, i think there are few left. 

It's a write up on how to make them yourself. 

And that's not an Icon Variant helmet. :)

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.