The MT-07 Forum

Show me your turn signals!

aaron

I'm really wanting to ditch my ugly stock pumpkin turn signals to some smaller LEDs. However, I want to be sure the new signals are nice and bright. Could some of you guys make a recommendation? Please share pics / links of the signals you are running if you can. Thanks!

• Premium Member

Here are a few shots of mine.  I bought them from luckybike. I also bought some levers from luckybike and initially had some fitment problems.  They were VERY good about customer service and responding to emails.  I resolved the problem and the levers are great.
I bought the flashers linked below in the LED version.  They are VERY bright, and I have no complaints.
Yakima LED Flashers

[attachment id=1401" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1402" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=1403" thumbnail="1]

• Like 2

Why can't left turners see us?

Great link Rowdy, thanks! Looks like Luckybike has a number of options. Really cool custom work too Churchxd. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

If you want to retain DRL's be careful what you buy as most are not DRL. This is what I bought without checking so my front LED's are not DRL (disappointing to me) but I paid extra money to correct that. Anyway, the LED's are plenty bright enough, IMO and you also get a sturdy, nice looking fender eliminator kit (if you don't have one and would like one) to go with it, all for $69.99. The cons: you have to pay $15 more for front LED adapters (not a biggie). For the price this is a good 2 birds, one stone deal. Update: aaaand it comes with an LED license plate light.

[attachment id=1405" thumbnail="1]Brightness....
[attachment id=1408" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1409" thumbnail="1] Looks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331315363435?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D331315363435%26_rdc%3D1

• Like 1

Beemer

churchxd

I've seen those before and they look real nice .... so much different than all the rest. Have a link for them?

Beemer

There also used to be a vendor on here who would make them for you but they were like $90

• Like 2

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Dang! I just bought a fender eliminator from motodynamic. I wish I would have bought that one instead. Although the one from motodynamic does seem pretty nice and it comes with a plug and play license plate light. I'm not concerned about losing DRL. I think the bike looks better without DRL.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Dang! I just bought a fender eliminator from motodynamic. I wish I would have bought that one instead. Although the one from motodynamic does seem pretty nice and it comes with a plug and play license plate light. I'm not concerned about losing DRL. I think the bike looks better without DRL.
DRL is a nice safety feature.  It's gives drivers a little better perspective on distance and movement.  It's easy to turn non-DRL flashers into DRL flashers with a blinker genie. That's what I did with mine, and they work great!

• Like 3

I found some LED 3 wire signals on ebay. I think I'm going to try them. Are there any issues with LEDs running hot when used for DRL? I was going to just reuse the wiring from the OEM signals and buy a new flasher relay. Should I be concerned about heat issues at all?

I found some LED 3 wire signals on ebay. I think I'm going to try them. Are there any issues with LEDs running hot when used for DRL? I was going to just reuse the wiring from the OEM signals and buy a new flasher relay. Should I be concerned about heat issues at all?
Link?
And I would definitely keep an eye on there temp, but I doubt it will be a problem.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I've ordered these from Revzilla for the rear but haven't put them on yet.

832a9a994650e012aa7f99fec3fbdc3e.jpg

- xCarbonSteelx

Keep in mind some LEDs will burn out fairly quickly when used as DRLs. Its a crapshoot. There are some forum members who use LEDs as DRLs, some have them burnout quick, others have good experience with them. I have about 2500 miles on my Barracuda Futura IIs as DRLs, so far so good. Although it isn't always the case, the cheaper they are, the chances of burnout are more likely.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on those ebay ones I posted. You get what you pay for. Those R&G ones look super nice. I think I will just hold off until I can afford to buy some good quality signals.

• Premium Member
Hey Church. These are the signals I was looking at but I just don't know. There is a lot of junk on ebay. What do you think? http://m.ebay.com/itm/331586518553

I have those and will post a video of them tomorrow after I get the rears installed. So far they seem to work well
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Video with links in the description. They run nice! Looks sharp!

Those still look a little fast on the blink, even when the bike is running.  Did you install CustomLED relay

• Premium Member
Video with links in the description. They run nice! Looks sharp! 

Those still look a little fast on the blink.  Did you install CustomLED relay

I did not. Was going to order one but I'm fine with the speed of the blink while the bike is running.

Hi Aaron

Not sure of your laws over there and if you need DRL'S or not, im running Rizoma Graffio turns signals and very happy with them, super bright but yet small and subtle. Plug straight into oem connectors no wire cutting.

2nc1oap.jpg

2lizaz6.jpg

wthulc.jpg

• Like 4

I just pulled the trigger on a set of flush mounts from TST Industries. I guess if I don't like them I'm only out $15. I bought their rear signals too along with harnesses and a relay. They have a really good install video on YouTube.

• Like 2