The MT-07 Forum

10 miles on my FZ07

doublergirl

Just got a new FZ07 last week, finally had a warm enough day to put some miles on her.  Plan on taking her out for a longer ride this weekend, should be above freezing

top things on my shopping list are the carbon akra, yosh fender eliminator, and probably some stickier rubber

here's a couple pics of the new girl:
IMG_20160213_115830_zps48ooqby1.jpg
IMG_20160216_181517_zpshj0yv6qp.jpg

and the other toys:
11201181_403345253200699_6049598725069703342_n_zpsm0m0jwty.jpg

12243329_450871491781408_5785351278868767370_n_zpsgvc4jkgx.jpg

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard
2007 CBR600RR Track Whore
2015 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Garage Queen

Congrats! Just picked mine up last month! Only put 50 miles on her and planning on many more in the weeks and months to come! What tires are you going to put on?

Congrats! Just picked mine up last month! Only put 50 miles on her and planning on many more in the weeks and months to come! What tires are you going to put on?
i've used bt016's a lot for commuting/mountain riding, might be leaning that way 
i want some asv's too (i put those on every bike i've had) but from what i've read i have to order levers for a different bike?

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard

Nice and nice toys + truck! welcome

I know you want the yosh fender elim, but for a lower price may I suggest this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT-07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2013-2016-BLACK-4T-S-/331315363435?hash=item4d23ef3e6b:g:L~oAAOSw7NNUD6yx

I have it as well as many other members and its good.  Plus it comes with leds to replace the ugly pumpkin stock lights

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Welcome doublergirl! Happy to have you here. Weren't the temps just awful this past weekend? -6 Sunday morning! on the north shore MA but in the upper 40's Tuesday.

I know you want the yosh fender elim, but for a lower price may I suggest this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT-07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2013-2016-BLACK-4T-S-/331315363435?hash=item4d23ef3e6b:g:L~oAAOSw7NNUD6yx

I have it as well as many other members and its good.  Plus it comes with leds to replace the ugly pumpkin stock lights
good call!  i'll look into that.  i assume you have to get resistors? 

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard

Welcome doublergirl! Happy to have you here. Weren't the temps just awful this past weekend? -6 Sunday morning! on the north shore MA but in the upper 40's Tuesday.
brutal!!  took the bike out yesterday for the first time, had fun.  my boyfriend and i are going to try to get a ride in this weekend, it's supposed to be in the 50's!  (it's so sad that i'm excited about that.  when i lived in the south i wouldn't ride in the 50's)

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard

how do you multi quote in this forum???

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard

• Premium Member

Click the gear, select post, repeat, ??, click quote, profit.

Everything went braap.

dang that's a lot of work haha

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard

brutal!!  took the bike out yesterday for the first time, had fun.  my boyfriend and i are going to try to get a ride in this weekend, it's supposed to be in the 50's!  (it's so sad that i'm excited about that.  when i lived in the south i wouldn't ride in the 50's)
I'm kind of toying with the idea of moving south. Our riding season is too short. Watch out for sand. 

I'm kind of toying with the idea of moving south. Our riding season is too short. Watch out for sand.
i lived in nc for 5 years, i miss it.  if you get the chance do it

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard

You also should get a led flasher relay. Got mine for $7 on eBay, shipped from within USA and it installed faster than my tail tidy

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Global Moderator

Just got a new FZ07 last week, finally had a warm enough day to put some miles on her.  Plan on taking her out for a longer ride this weekend, should be above freezing 
top things on my shopping list are the carbon akra, yosh fender eliminator, and probably some stickier rubber

here's a couple pics of the new girl:
IMG_20160213_115830_zps48ooqby1.jpg
IMG_20160216_181517_zpshj0yv6qp.jpg

and the other toys:

Welcome @doublergirl

Az perchance?
wonderful riding season year round

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Welcome and nice bike! I bought that same kit and like it pretty well, it looks good on the bike and it's sturdy. There's also a video on you tube that gives good instructions on how to put it on, it's very helpful. I did like the added LED's front and rear, they look good and are bright enough but you will need some adapters for the front LED's to fit and they cost right about $15. You don't have to buy any resistors or flasher relay, I didn't and they work just fine if you don't mind them blinking faster. I personally don't mind because there have been studies that prove people notice a faster blinking light quicker than a slower one. (can't seem to find the link but it's out there) Your choice of course, the faster blink rate is irritating to some people. The one thing that did bother me about the LED's was the fact that the front LED's are not DRL's like the stock pumpkins are. If you can live with non DRL's these are good. Enjoy your bike, be safe! 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOT-PLASTIC-These-are-aluminum-YAMAHA-FZ07-and-MT07-Turn-Signal-Adapter-Plate/351626070601?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D34859%26meid%3Df5d7e7a275f54d1db3a20128594b1dc9%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D331315363435

Beemer

thanks for the info. i was trying to wait until i've ridden it more before i start modding. i have a bad habit of not being able to keep a bike more than 1 season at a time, and wasting a lot of money in parts. my shopping list is definitely getting long though

any info on which asv levers fit this bike?

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard

thanks for the info. i was trying to wait until i've ridden it more before i start modding. i have a bad habit of not being able to keep a bike more than 1 season at a time, and wasting a lot of money in parts. my shopping list is definitely getting long though 
Good luck with that! I spent about $1300 on parts before it's first 600 miles break in! Lol I hate it. But oh well. ☺

[div]sorkyah, it will probably be a while before I move if I do. Was thinking about Alabama. There's a place to ski in Mentone that's open 45 to 60 days a year. I want to get a little bit of skiing in without having to travel too far. I think I could comfortably ride for 10 months a year instead of NH's 7 1/2 months. 

[/div]

I didn't see any reviews on these but they are for our bike, matches yours very well I think, their made of aluminum and $71 under normal price. Maybe damn good set for the money.Happy shopping, good luck! 

http://www.amazon.com/Short-Clutch-Levers-Yamaha-2014-2016-Gray/dp/B019IK1UCO/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455820002&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=asv+lever+for+yamaha+FZ-07

Beemer

• Premium Member
I hear you there. I'm changing bikes for the 3rd year in a row, lol. 

• Premium Member

Welcome!

As for the ASV levers, I know there is a list of other bike models that match the FZs here on the forum. That's how I think many were able to purchase theirs. I remember trying to contact ASV when I first purchased the bike. They had terrible customer service and after a month of trying to get an answer, I gave up. That was almost 1 1/2 years ago, so I'm sure they have an answer by now. I ended up getting Pazzo levers in the end.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

For tyres , try Michelin Pilot Road 4's. Brilliant all weathers especially cold and wet. best girp road tyres I have ever used ( on the street)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

[div]sorkyah, it will probably be a while before I move if I do. Was thinking about Alabama. There's a place to ski in Mentone that's open 45 to 60 days a year. I want to get a little bit of skiing in without having to travel too far. I think I could comfortably ride for 10 months a year instead of NH's 7 1/2 months.  

[/div]
i lived in charlotte.  a lot of people there vacation to boone for skiing, not far 

Welcome! 
As for the ASV levers, I know there is a list of other bike models that match the FZs here on the forum. That's how I think many were able to purchase theirs. I remember trying to contact ASV when I first purchased the bike. They had terrible customer service and after a month of trying to get an answer, I gave up. That was almost 1 1/2 years ago, so I'm sure they have an answer by now. I ended up getting Pazzo levers in the end.

i gotta do asv, they have the most position options plus crash tested.  i put them on every bike 

For tyres , try Michelin Pilot Road 4's. Brilliant all weathers especially cold and wet. best girp road tyres I have ever used ( on the street)
i've never been a big fan of the michelin pilots.  i usually go bridgestone or pirelli.  i'll probably keep the stock tires if i decide to take it any distance, and some stickier tires if i start riding mountains more or take her for a track day

2016 FZ07 Street Whore
2009 Honda Motard

Archived