The MT-07 Forum

Amazon Bar Ends

rwynne24

Just ordered these and they should be coming in tomorrow

XYZCTEM 2015 Latest Black 7/8" Oval CNC Billet Aluminum Handlebar Bar End Mount Light ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0175VPXXU/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awd_AclXwbGNXKJW5

I'm hoping they're an easy install but of course I'll probably run into some problems lol

Has anyone installed these or something similar?

• Premium Member

They look just like the crg arrow mirror that I got last week. If they are anything like them then they should be easy to put on.

AlbatrossCafe

Yeah I have installed something similar... http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crg-arrow-bar-end-mirror

Hope your version doesn't rattle off or break! Install is literally a clamp over the end of the bar or onto a bar-end (like this one), which I hope you have already. Probably one of the easiest installs of mods that you can buy. I had more trouble taking off the stock mirrors (mine were reverse threaded?) than putting these on.

Looking forward to your review. I know they say you get what you pay for, but $100 for mirrors is tough one

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Darroh- I'm hoping they do! Thanks!

Albatrosscafe: Yeah I'm hoping they don't either, it's a little on the cheaper side because I wanted to see if I'd actually like bar ends, I'm a pretty broad guy and standing at 6'3 I already look pretty funny on the bike haha I can't even see past my shoulders on the stock that's why I'm getting these. I don't have those bar ends that you were talking about , I was hoping that the adapters that come with will work but they don't seem to like threaded like our stock. As far as our stock mirrors go , were you able to find anything to fill those holes ? If I end up liking these I may end up going for the higher quality CRG's.

AlbatrossCafe
Darroh- I'm hoping they do! Thanks!  
Albatrosscafe: Yeah I'm hoping they don't either, it's a little on the cheaper side because I wanted to see if I'd actually like bar ends, I'm a pretty broad guy and standing at 6'3 I already look pretty funny on the bike haha I can't even see past my shoulders on the stock that's why I'm getting these. I don't have those bar ends that you were talking about , I was hoping that the adapters that come with will work but they don't seem to like threaded like our stock. As far as our stock mirrors go , were you able to find anything to fill those holes ? If I end up liking these I may end up going for the higher quality CRG's.
I'm 6'2" 235lbs and do powerlifting/strongman work so I also have pretty broad shoulders. Let me just say the bar ends are almost necessary for me. The stock mirrors wouldn't let me see anything except shoulders just as you said. The bar ends let you see to the side and even behind you a bit. 
If the adapters that came with it don't work, this is a cheaper option to the Rhinomoto sliders that I know will for sure work with almost any bar: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crg-billet-internal-adapter-for-crg-bar-end-mirror

I didn't fill those holes. I just left them. I'm sure I could go to a hardware store and find a short, black bolt to just put in them but I didn't bother.

Yeah I completely understand I actually have to lean the opposite way to check my mirrors, I usually just turn around haha. They should be coming in tomorrow and then Saturday it's suppose to be 60 here so I'm gonna try to get them on and ride cause I'm actually off work on a nice day! I'm hoping the adapters fit but if not I'll get those ones you found (thank you for that!)

Sounds pretty stupid but I've heard different things, with the stock ends now I just screw off and I place the others in right? Seems basic enough lol

I'll get em on and let you guys know the quality and the fit!

• Global Moderator

Someone on the forum (I forget who) found some plastic plugs that filled the holes and looked good. I expect any decent hardware store would have something.

• Premium Member

O'reilly has 5/16" body panel retainers in a pack of 6. That's what I used to cover the holes. On the clutch side you will need to cut it a bit above the tip for it to sit flush. Had mines in for about 9 months, they are still holding up just fine.

So I definitely need to order the adapters mentioned above! I tried loosening the bar ends and putting them on but it just didn't seem too secure, and my throttle was sticking! I the mirrors actually seem pretty high quality my only issue is that one of them was "broken" it took a little bit to tighten the back and it kept coming undone so I'm just sending them back and getting them replaced. Figured they'd come back in as soon as the bar ends do so hopefully it will get done next weekend! Now just back to tackling my dying battery, trying to see whether it's a parasitic issue or something else! Has anyone had issues with their battery? Was working fine until the cold hit, now it won't hold a charge overnight. Unplugged the LEDS I have installed to see if that solves the issue, if not I guess I'm going to either buy a multimeter or go to the shop!

• Global Moderator
So I definitely need to order the adapters mentioned above! I tried loosening the bar ends and putting them on but it just didn't seem too secure, and my throttle was sticking! I the mirrors actually seem pretty high quality my only issue is that one of them was "broken" it took a little bit to tighten the back and it kept coming undone so I'm just sending them back and getting them replaced. Figured they'd come back in as soon as the bar ends do so hopefully it will get done next weekend! Now just back to tackling my dying battery, trying to see whether it's a parasitic issue or something else! Has anyone had issues with their battery? Was working fine until the cold hit, now it won't hold a charge overnight. Unplugged the LEDS I have installed to see if that solves the issue, if not I guess I'm going to either buy a multimeter or go to the shop!
Multimeters are something weveryone should have
home depot sells decent ones for around 30 bucks

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived