The MT-07 Forum

Eazi-grip Pro Tank Grip review

ryan4130

I got tired of sliding forward all the time and relying too much on the handlebars for stability so I searched for some tank grips.  This brand is a little more obscure unlike Stompgrip and tech-spec but I think these have the best custom-cut fit for our bike, and they were slightly cheaper too. It comes in two pieces I assume because of the curvy shape of the plastics. It is very grippy!

Eazi Grip Pro, clear (PRO914CL)
Bought them direct from the manufacturer:
http://www.eazi-grip.com/shop/eazi-grip/eazi-grip-yamaha/eazi-grip-yamaha-mt-07-2014-clear-2/

Installed pics!

zWtfHTm.jpg

tUQ3GyO.jpg

7Sy0GTR.jpg

Last picture is with only one of the two pieces installed:

wPdLkN8.jpg

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member

I bought the same Tank Grips from R&G in black about 4 months ago. I think I found them on ebay...

[attachment id=1390" thumbnail="1]

Love to ride!

• Premium Member

Hmmmm Just realized I have the gun metal/anthracite  bike and for our car as well. Sheesh.
This should be the new thread to attempt to dethrone "Tank Sticker" ;)

BTW nice tank grip.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Hmmmm Just realized I have the gun metal/anthracite  bike and for our car as well. Sheesh.  

BTW nice tank grip.

can we get those Budweiser frogs to do some kind of "Tank Stick Errrrrr" kinda thing? 

I do like the grips tho but I'm not sure how they'd look on a red bike

• Global Moderator

BTW nice tank grip.

can we get those Budweiser frogs to do some kind of "Tank Stick Errrrrr" kinda thing?
At one point I had the base animation footage from when my uncle worked for the anhieser marketing dept

Idk where it iwent... but im certainly gonna find it now just to make this

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

@ryan4130
Hey ryan,
any chance of uploading these pictures again?
I've been looking for some tank grips that won't hide the red panel and it looks like the clear color is the way to go.
Also, how are these holding up since you've had them?

• Premium Member
Here is mine. This is the EVO model (with bumps). Clear pads on red. http://i.imgur.com/phLHTdo.jpg

I like how those look on a red bike since it doesn't take away from its looks. My only concerns with the clear is that the adhesive may start to change color after a while in the sun or that air bubbles may form later on if it starts to get loose around the edges (which some people reported with that brand). I'd be curious as to how they look and if they're starting to peel after about a year of use.
People say the TechSpec's have the best grip but, in my opinion, they also look the worst against the design of the bike. I'm looking at the Yamaha tank pads now (but waiting to get an opinion on it from people who have it). The Yamahas don't take away too much from the looks but I'm just curious as to how much grip they provide.

Got mine installed last november. No issues up to now. I followed the instructions, heating both the sticker and the surface with a hair dryer.

• Premium Member

@goloso hmm.... this is a tough choice
a few quick questions, if you don't mind:
is it a huge difference in grip?
what's the functional difference in pro vs evo?
and it looks like you bought the version that you cut yourself. Do those still have the eazigrip "E" logo on them?

I chose to cut them myself because I was not sure the pre-cut kit would suit me and I tried to find the best position to match my leg length and riding style.
The pads do make a great difference. No more sliding forward under braking and better control in turns when leaning out.
I can't tell you about the difference between PRO and EVO in grip. Supposedly, they are similar. For reference, the grip in mine is fantastic. Once you clamp your knees on the pads you are stuck there. The bumps feel a bit weird at first with normal clothing and could cause wear.

There are no visible logos in the pads that I remember.

• Premium Member
BTW, I cut mine from a single sheet and you get two in the EaziGrip pack.

Just ended up ordering the sheets
You made it sound too good
Thanks for the help! :)

Another tip: be gentle and take your time when applying the stickers. They may stretch a bit if you pull while sticking them.

Archived