The MT-07 Forum

How many more miles?

jeffkisthename

Damn that picture scares me! I don't pay enough attention to my car tires (I should) but I don't mess around with bike tires. The consequences are so much more serious.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Alright, just purchased a set of Michelin PR4s. FYI, Sportbiketrackgear.com has the cheapest price on those at $309 shipped. RevZilla.com has them on sale for $335, Motorcycle-Superstore.com $324 & BikeBandit was $323.

I ended up choosing the Sport Touring tire, because my riding would not be able to benefit from the grip of the Metzeler M7 RRs. I would just be wasting money, as most of my riding is a 100 miles commute 5 days a week. I run twisties like at least once a month now, so yeah, sportbike tires would be a waste. These Sport Touring tires will do just fine.

SigSide.jpg

• Premium Member
Is this on the Bridgestones or the Michelins?
The Bridgestones. Don't necessarily think the make matters, as I've done this on other makes as well. I usually run on tires made for commuting, so I make them last!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Tires have arrived!
Look at all that glorious tread! Ride man!  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I would say it might be awhile before it goes boom but your biggest concern right now is channeling water with that tire if it rains and it might go into cardiac arrest trying to do that it's so worn. Have fun tire shopping, let us know what you get. 

UPDATE: Oops! guess I made it here too late, enjoy your new tires, they look great!

Beemer

Archived