The MT-07 Forum

Aluminum rear M/C cover...

avanti

• Premium Member

Here is a pic of the aluminum rear master/cylinder cover I just made.  I thought I'd post a pic before painting it black since it shows up much better in raw aluminum. 

I also must give kudos to  onlinemetals.com  (with whom I have nothing other than a customer relationship).  I usually buy such things from McMaster-Carr and have for years with great satisfaction--indeed, I have an account with them.  But, I must say that onlinemetals beat M-C's price by a factor of 4 (NOT a typo) on this aluminum stock!!!  Amazing; and, shipping and arrival time were both comparable between the two companies!!!  WOW!!!

• Premium Member

Here it is painted and installed. 

Even though the m/c must be removed to add fluid I opted to put a "sight port" (drilled a hole) on inside of the aluminum cover to allow a quick glance at the fluid level with the aid of a flash-light.

Oops; I realized when looking at the pic that I'd tightened it down with a bit much of a tip.  So, I "leveled" it better than pictured here.

• Global Moderator

Thanks a lot...now I have another project on the list. That looks much better than the plastic bottle.

• Premium Member

Very cool.. a classy touch. Next is an aluminum rad reservoir cover?

Everything went braap.

Archived