The MT-07 Forum

Question about selling; be honest

yamahappy74

Why the heck can't they catch and punish these guys! Seriously, doesn't matter if I list a bicycle or a car same scam over and over and over..........

• Premium Member

If the "deal" is ALL long-distance... LOOK O U T !!!

p.s. just saw your post at the top of this page... 'nuff said.

2097308013: Is the price of your ad on craigslist firm 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 Special Edition Lime Green Non-ABS - $4200 ? 6:12 PM Me: Yes 6:21 PM
+12097308013: Sounds good.. My name is Collins, i'm located at FL. I work at Naval Air Station Jacksonville FL. I'm making this purchase for my SON as a surprise gift on his upcoming birthday which is 6 days away, he lives at Blacksburg VA. I came on the site to search for presentable AD on his birthday and i found yours. Hope i won't be disappointed? And also how close are you to Blacksburg VA? 6:24 PM
Me: About 1100 miles away. 6:26 PM
+12097308013: Ok no problem. .. 1 : Are you the first owner of it? 2 : Why are you selling it? 3 : What do i need to repair after making the purchase? 4 : What is the final asking price? 6:32 PM
Me: Yes. Upgraded bike. Nothing. $4200 6:34 PM
+12097308013: Do you still have the title for it or bill of sale? and also i will like you to know that am going to be paying you via PayPal okay? 6:39 PM
Me: I have both. Paypal is ok. 6:40 PM
+12097308013: alright send me your PayPal email 6:41 PM
+12097308013: what your full name with PayPal 6:47 PM
Me: Justin Wiensinger 6:48 PM
+12097308013: i got everything i will make the payment now and get back to you ASAP 6:51 PM
Me: ok 6:53 PM
+12097308013: i have just completed the payment now and i will like you to check your email i sent you message their okay 8:11 PM
Me: ok, everything looks good. i'll have the excess payment of $950 sent via money gram to your pick up agent tomorrow. 8:16 PM
+12097308013: did you get the Message from PayPal in your email? 8:18 PM
Me: yes i did 8:18 PM
+12097308013: and did you understand that you will have to send the $950 to the name and address which they sent to you through Money Gram and then send the Money Gram Reference Numbers to them before they credit your account 8:20 PM
Me: yes, to Miranda Almiron 8:21 PM
+12097308013: what your time now 8:21 PM
Me: when will your agent pick up the bike? 8:22 PM
+12097308013: after you send the $950 to the name and address and then send the Reference Number to PayPal then they will credit your account and after they credit your account you will tell me what time you would like them to come 8:23 PM
Me: ok, i will talk to you after the money gram is sent 8:24 PM
+12097308013: i think you can still send the money Gram now can you try to send the $950 through Money Gram now and send the Reference Numbers to PayPal 8:25 PM
Me: i do not have time today, i will take care of it tomorrow 8:25 PM
+12097308013: okay what time tomorrow will you be sending it 8:25 PM
Me: i do not know yet 8:26 PM
+12097308013: i dont think its going to take you more than 30 minutes to go send it you can do it once and for all now 8:27 PM
Me: i will take care of it tomorrow 8:27 PM
+12097308013: alright should i message you exactly 9am tomorrow 8:27 PM

I get this dude every time I post up an ad on craigslist. Once you string him along and stall, he gets angrier.

• Premium Member
That's the exact scam I had when selling my Shadow--the serviceman scam. Next you'll get the 3rd party vendors asking for a fee to sell the bike.  The whole process sucks and takes time, especially if your asking price is on the high side. I had to shave off hundreds off my price before getting serious inquiries, it sucks. I wonder if FZs are "cheap" enough new that used prices need to be considerably lower. Depends where you live I guess.  

Locally, the cheapest list price for a new 2015 FZ07 is $6499. I suppose someone could talk them down to $6000 but then they still have to pay tax, title, and license. That's why I have mine posted at $5950. I realize that they'll still have to pay taxes next year when they renew tabs, but they can fudge the buy price to bring that down anyway. Either way, I think it's a good price. It's only got 1,754 miles on it.I am CRAZY excited about this Gixxer. I got approved at 5.19% for 5 years with my credit union after some competition with the dealer, lol. Going down on Saturday to have a peek. They're even going to keep it in storage for me until spring, no charge.I really appreciate the help here, peeps. I doubt I would've fallen for it in any case, but you sure saved me a lot of screwing around and wasted time. I wish there was something I could do to get that this asshat busted.

• Premium Member

I do not understand why I can't quote posts properly anymore. Sorry about the mashup and wall of text.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

So I got a legit buyer. $5900. He's going to meet with me at the dealer where I have it stored to finalize the deal, cashiers check in hand. Tomorrow I go to check out my new ride, check in hand. It's like a whirlwind but I like it like that. Quick and clean.
Buyer is really excited about getting an FZ-07. Guess he wanted one last year but couldn't find one locally (I remember; I had the same problem but got lucky and found one). I'll send him this way.

• Global Moderator

Congrats on selling your bike ! I'm glad everything turned out okay. Selling stuff can be brutal with all the scams.

Post some pics of Suzi when you get it.

Archived