The MT-07 Forum

Cali Lane Splitting

tmlicking

This is me doing some lane splitting.
Why lane split when the #1 lane was moving faster than you were? Personally I don't split past a car when there's an open lane next to them, it's too easy to get taken out. I either take over the open lane or just wait.
did we watch the same video?? I moved past everyone until it was clear. I refuse to sit in traffic slower then 25mph on the highways, yes the traffic flow got to 55mph, but I took my self out and away from traffic. Its proven that lane splitting is safer(controllable speeds) then sitting in traffic due to getting rear ended.  

Why lane split when the #1 lane was moving faster than you were? Personally I don't split past a car when there's an open lane next to them, it's too easy to get taken out. I either take over the open lane or just wait.
did we watch the same video?? I moved past everyone until it was clear. I refuse to sit in traffic slower then 25mph on the highways, yes the traffic flow got to 55mph, but I took my self out and away from traffic. Its proven that lane splitting is safer(controllable speeds) then sitting in traffic due to getting rear ended.

I was talking about the first half of the video, you're riding the line when there's a free lane next to you and squeezing by semi when the #1 lane(left lane) is clear and moving freely. It's just an observation. Have no issues with lane splitting, I do it all the time.

Archived