The MT-07 Forum

Bar End Mirrors that go on Stock?

jackimpact

Simbadc650

Dammmm been awhile since I had those mirrors and exhaust, those mirrors were. A bitch to take off I tell u

• 2 weeks later...
Cyclegear has pretty good ones. Between 40-80$ a set depending on if you want them to fold. You can mount them on the stock bar ends with a 5$ spacer from ace. Cut a 1x5/8x7/8 steel spacer in half with a dremel or hand saw. if you can find 2 1/2x5/8x7/8 you won't have to cut it.
The cycle gear mirrors are better quality than most eBay/amazon mirrors. Using the spacer method is better than 90% of the mounts that come with the mirrors. And it saves you 100$ on adapters or new bar ends

I got a set of the folding ones from there and used spacer I cut in half. Zero issues and haven't had to tighten my bar ends once since I put em on.
I just installed the CRG Arrow mirrors with this spacer method above. I know th OP used a different mirror but I figured it would work. However the clamping ring on the CRG is just slightly bigger than the spacers size listed above so they don't get tight and swing around. I'm going to try and figure out a rubber washer or piece or gasket that I can use to take up the slack. 

• 2 years later...

I got the CRG lanesplitter bar end mirrors and reused the stock bar end weights.  1/2" pvc conduit is the exact matching outside diameter just drill out the inside a bit until they fit over the bar end threads. Cut 3/8" long pieces and now you have the spacer you need to mount the CRG's (which are amazing can see everything behind me now!). 

IMG_20200411_100229.jpg

• Like 2